SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:56:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fawn Sales snack machine Model 20, Coin Acceptor F150-9802  (Read 3686 times)
Leinhit
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:14:03 pm »

Hi,  Newbie here posting on recommendation of one of your members.

Hoping you can help.!! 

I have an older Fawn Sales Snack Machine.. Model 20 with a Coin Acceptors Model F150-9802 to accept the coins.

Its always worked great.. but yesterday I discovered that its taking in money, but not vending out.

Here is what I have done/figured out so far..  sorry its long!

I have it set on .60 cents for all the trays. You put money in, it goes into the money box, rather than right back out the coin return.. you push you selection button, nothing happens.

I turned the selection dispensors by hand to check the motors and all the motors activate and work.

I checked the dip settings where you set the price and made sure they were all fully set in place.

This machine has a history of people shaking it trying to get free stuff, usually that just makes the coin acceptor come out of alignment and causes coins to just jam up.

I don't have a clue what to look for, how to fix, or how to test. Can anyone help?

I also tried setting one tray for .50 cents and tried it.. nothing.

A coin mech problem where its not telling the machine money was inserted? Can I just replace the coin mech cheaply and get it working? Or is there some kind of logic board, or do I replace the entire coin acceptor?

I tested the voltage going to each selection button on the door. 20.4 VDC , when you push the button, it drops to nothing, apparently disrupting the circuit.

The 20.4 VDC runs down the wires towards the coin mech 24V plug and continue to the selection motors.

IF I understand right, the coin acceptor must send a signal to this 24V plug when the right amount of money has been dropped to complete a circuit that then allows each individual motor to activate according to which button was pushed.

**So, it seems that no signal is coming from the coin acceptor to the plug to allow this?

Now that I have the coin acceptor off, I can see there are actually 3 switch wires visible from the back.. must be for quarters, dimes, nickels.. Gonna try testing least continuity.

**** EDIT. The top switch.. I assume is for quarters.. There is continuity on the far left conector and the far right when it is up, when you press the wire down, this first continuity ends and then its on the middle connector to the far right connector.

I say there is continuity on the middle connector and the Right connector as it goes down.. Well, its not real steady,, the meter tone is real broken and not consistent.. and its only at the midpoint, the other two switches keep strong continuty as the switch goes from about midpoint to full down.

So I'm think maybe the quarter (if thats what the first/top one is) switch is not real good ? Gonna go test it with just dimes once...

You can see someone soldered on another wire to the old one at some point.

**** DOUBLE EDIT Well, I tried only dimes, only quarters, and only nickels.. still no result.. I'm not 100% convinced tho that top switch isn't involved due to the inconsistent continuity.. Maybe ALL coins go thru the first switch regardless of size and then to the next two according to size? Hard to see it in action, but it did look like the nickels were going thru the top one as well.

Well,  thats it guys..  thats as far as I am... I originally posted the above on a video game forumn.

Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance!  BTW, this machine is on location..

Steve   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: