SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:05:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette popcorn machine N.O.S.  (Read 32732 times)
Mark Gross
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 10:25:25 pm »

Hello Mark

welcome to the site.. I see that you have a keen interest in coin op...
We all share the same passion.

We can't take back what has happened and I guess there are lessons to be learnt.
However, in the spirit of Goodwill (and I appreciate you feel there hasn't been much shown to you)
why don't you join us and share some of your knowledge. Lots of us have Jukes as well as soda machines.

What do you reckon??? Have a look back through the archive you'll see we are a real friendly lot. Only the other day we were speaking about attracting more people to the site.

So what do you say??? Come on board..

Dave (the first to admitt likes a bit of gossip)

Hello Dave

Thank You for the warm welcome! I do have a huge interest in coin-op machines, and have been collecting for almost 30 years. One of things that I enjoy most is meeting and talking with people, especially ones that share the same interest as I do. I have met a lot of very interesting, friendly and honest people through the years. I also like to think of myself that way. There is not one person out there that can say that I'm a terrible person to deal with, or I'm a shadey person, a crook , scum, whatever. I pride myself in treating people, the way I'd like them to treat me. No matter how many nice people are out there, unfortunately there are always going to be a few that wreck it for the majority. I realize that I've beat this issue pretty much to death, but it is a real difficult pill to swallow. The healthy thing is to let it go! which I will. but unless you've experienced something like this yourself, I don't think you can realize how hurtful it can feel. You have someone in one or two comments, try to destroy the two most important things in anyones life, your name and reputation. It hurts, and it is totally uncalled for!
Again Dave, I thank You for your warm welcome.
Hope you and your loved ones, have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Best Regards Mark Gross
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 02:30:03 am »

Mark,
I would like to second what Dave said and welcome you to the site. I am sure that this was all just a huge misunderstanding. I hope that it can be put behind us and that we all can benefit from your 25 years of knowledge in this hobby. Most of us here are more like family to each other and most of us haven't even met. Please stick around. We also love pictures. Please start a new topic and show off some of your collection. Have a happy New year.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 02:40:47 am »

Reading back through this post and concluding that this must be a case of
mistaken identity Mark. We all followed the Popperette that was offered for sale
a while ago and then pulled from us.  veryangry What's the chance of 2 mint NOS machines showing up so close together?  We assumed it was the same seller.
       But instead of introducing yourself as the victim........you blasted in the room with both
gun barrels blazing.  darn
       Well I'm sorry for any offense buddy, but now, like Dave says, we would be honored to have you as a member here.
       You have 30 years experience? I am 15 years into this and still learning from pioneers like you. Hope you can check in periodically and give us advice or share your latest finds.  And do you have any favorite photo's of any other prized machines you have owned?

Welcome friend !

I noticed Josh just published the same sentiments, but I'm adding my post anyways

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 03:51:18 am »

Hello Mark,
Regret things did not get off to a better start for you on this forum. Hope you stick around and enjoy the stories and cool coin op machines of all types shared here. Where are you located?

Great many folks on this board from all over the US and several overseas. Many of us travel quite a bit as well. If you are anywhere near Spokane, WA. diner is on me ASAP.
Creighton

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:53:30 am by Creighton » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 08:11:33 am »

Mark,

First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to SMC ! ! !

It's unfortunate the events that took place brought you here; I would rather you came under your own accord as so many before you have...

We can only assume this is a case of serious mistaken identity; however, with greedbay continuously producing more and more fraudulent sellers, one would have to agree that forewarning our members of possible rip-off artists is a concern of this membership.

I'm glad you took the time to stop in, clear the issue, and even extend warm wishes to our members! These personal traits are what has made this Site one of the better places to frequent regarding collectible/antique soda machines and related items. I think you'll soon realize this should you decide to put this behind and more forward...

And again, Welcome and hope your New Year is a prosperous one ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 01:56:13 pm »

Hello Mark,
First of all welcome aboard!! Please stick around and share your knowledge, experiences and collection with us. WOW! Just read through all the posts on the Popperette popcorn machine. Sorry you were slammed by Curtis of Memorylane here on the SMC site. He really is a nice guy and an asset to the coin op collectors. This site is a very useful tool to all of us. We all are usually pretty friendly and share parts, experiences and knowledge with each other. I have many good friends on this site but have only met a couple in person, but I still would do whatever I can to help these guys out. Stick around, you'll be glad you did.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:42:54 pm by sodaworks » Logged

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »

Welcome Dave! I also had some choice words to say about your posting, but now understand that you had it for sale locally. I am just of the opinion that if an item is listed on Ebay with no reserve and their are bidders, the auction should run. I have been high bidder a few times, only to have the lister end the auction early. This seems unfair to me! That is why I call it Greedbay! Too many people showing up that are not fair with the process. I am sorry for any words I may have said about you as a person. I was more or less attacking the system of Greedbay. Welcome aboard and share some pics!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 08:08:31 pm »

We'll looks as if I missed the fireworks while away from the computer... glad to see that it appears matters have cleared.
Mark, I too have spoken to you via email about your popperette as I am about 2 hours from you... and looks that it was truely a case of mistaken identity. After going back and reading the posts again, I too agree with Seven181, that we just dont' like how "Some People" Not implying you, but some ebay sellers post a Great rare item on ebay with No reserve... WE ALL get EXCITED thinking OK here is our Shot at owning an incredible machine cause there is no Reserve!!! so we all talk about it here , get all riled up and kind of get our financials lined up to see how much the wife will let us spend!,  But then at the last minute, the auction closes for some reason and we all loose out on putting our final Gut checking bids in with 30 seconds to hammer time... that's what's gets us... This is why ebay has the reserve feature, and many don't use it because they don't want to pay the fees, well Ebay has to make money too, and even though many of us hate/love it, I have added several items to my collection I would NOT have found with out!.. so it's a catch 22.
Anyway.. just my two and a half cents.... Please stick around on the site... everyone here, Even Memorylane guy is a great guy and true asset to the hobby, and hopefully you two can work it out!
GIANT HUG!!!! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:41:40 pm »

YOWEEEE, Glad that is over with!

Mark, I would like to welcome you to this site as well, and hope you will stick around and share your knowledge of vending machines, and chat now and then. Also if you have any photos of your machines we always like to see them!

and again, WELCOME!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:43:13 pm by Yarochrehc » Logged

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 09:45:13 am »

Hello Dave

Thank You for the warm welcome! I do have a huge interest in coin-op machines, and have been collecting for almost 30 years. One of things that I enjoy most is meeting and talking with people, especially ones that share the same interest as I do. I have met a lot of very interesting, friendly and honest people through the years. I also like to think of myself that way. There is not one person out there that can say that I'm a terrible person to deal with, or I'm a shadey person, a crook , scum, whatever. I pride myself in treating people, the way I'd like them to treat me. No matter how many nice people are out there, unfortunately there are always going to be a few that wreck it for the majority. I realize that I've beat this issue pretty much to death, but it is a real difficult pill to swallow. The healthy thing is to let it go! which I will. but unless you've experienced something like this yourself, I don't think you can realize how hurtful it can feel. You have someone in one or two comments, try to destroy the two most important things in anyones life, your name and reputation. It hurts, and it is totally uncalled for!
Again Dave, I thank You for your warm welcome.
Hope you and your loved ones, have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Best Regards Mark Gross
Ok mark, if you want to sell it , i will buy it for your offer of 4200.00.. let me know  jeff wolf   732-422-6866
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: