SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:09:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minit Pop popcorn machine  (Read 19513 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:54 am »

"Over do it"? No way!  laugh

For the amount payed for Tom to work his magic coupled with the few hours of work it might take to complete restoration of the housing and associated wiring, I'd say it's definitely worth it and looks great to boot!

I learned bakelite repair from the antique radio & antique phone community as well. I've seen some really bad damage repaired that most would throw away.

Brian
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 09:02:22 pm »

Wow has it really been that long, the last time I posted and worked on the Minit Pop was almost a year ago ! So much for that 3 month restoration lol

So the chrome looks amazing the coin mech looks awesome thanks to Tom, paint is almost finished and parts should be back from the powder coating shop any day now, I do however have a huge dilemma, in the midst of all the chaos, parts going to 10 different shops, working on to many projects at the same time but mostly my own absent mindedness,  somehow the red plastic coin return knob got lost down I'm assuming these aren't reproduced so I was wondering if anyone has a spare ? lol,  as well do any of you guys know where I can get the decal for the coin entry bezel ? I also " misplaced " the old one so can't have one made up ! I remeber reading somewhere on here a while back that one of the members reproduces the front glass vinyl decal, I would definitely be interested in one...

so despite the few setbacks (salt box and knob) I'm exited and look foreward to reassembly,  if everything goes well and there are no other issues I should have it completed and running in say, 3 month  Oo
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:35 pm »

I have a knob. Decals are painted on except the glass popcorn boy. I make those. Reach out to me if you need help

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:58 pm »

Thank you Matt, I will definitely be in touch ! As for the decals, my coin entry bezel had one of those aluminum stick on decals that sat in a recessed area, similar to the ones used on a vendo round top entry bezel ! Looked to be original... Is there a few variations of the coin entry bezels for the Minit Pop ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:16:08 pm by Jeffmon » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: