SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:24:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U Select parts needed...  (Read 30935 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: February 26, 2009, 03:49:22 pm »

Chaps

With the wise advice of a couple of members I have managed to take my new machine apart...

I now have the vending mech (heavy) out and the case is ready to be sent away and be professionally painted... just as soon as I work out a colour scheme... I sort of promised my five year old princess a pink machine...

I need a few bits... A new lock... I have tried to obtain one here but not much luck.. It has a small barrell length but also has a very small square at the end that fits in the locking bar...

I also need the payment inofrmation plate that sits on the door... Mine has a after market decal, probably after the coni mech was updated...

Anyone have these parts for sale or could point me in the right direction ... Have tried google without success...

Cheers

Dave 
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:25:15 pm »

Dave,
Both of those parts are hard to find... I have yet to find a suitable replacement lock that will work ... and as far as the payment info plate... I do not know if they are reproduced..
I'll let you know if I find a source for one or both.. Good luck on the restoration ... they are a cool machine, I just painted the base of mine last night and turned out pretty cool. I'll post photos later.

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:48:30 pm »

Hi Dave
  If it's a roundtop that you have someone reproduced to coin entry plate as a decal and it pops up on e-bay now and then. I have some extra squaretop parts but no locks.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:53:31 am »

John - If you do come across the parts I'd be very grateful if you keep me in mind...

Tom - It is the roundtop version so will keep an eye out for the decal.. I know Roger @ Crowriver doesn't do it so will try some of the other decal sellers...

Dave
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »

I had Roger send me a handfull of different locks that I thought would work for the U Select it as well, and None of them worked correctly... The little square on the end has to fit inside the locking bar.. I guess a guy could take the locking bar off and just put on a regular cabinet style lock, but of course takes away its' originality...
would be nice to find a replacement... I might look at grinding something down to make it work?..

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »

I was looking htrough Roger's locks today.... There isn't enough space to enlarge the square so I guess your option of grinding down the lock is going to be the only viable one...

My Lock is actually intact... Its a security type and I can't find anyone local to make a key...

John, If you do have success plse let me know...

Sent a few e-mails today to some decal sellers to see if I can get hold of the coin plate decal... will let you know if I get a result

Dave
Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 01:33:49 pm »

I know that this is an old topic, but I maybe able to help with the lock.

Need a good detailed picture along with measurements of it.

If it a flat key type of lock, maybe you just can remove the tumblers from it.

BG
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 01:48:38 pm »

The problem with the lock is not the locking mechanism as a flat key or barrel keyed lock would work, the problem lies where it connects to the locking bar. The locking bar has a square hole and that is where the lock end needs to fit into. ALl the locks we have found are have a square end with a screw in it, but he square is a differnent size than the square opening in the locking bar.. It's just a matter of grinding one down I think... I'd draw it but can't ... not an artist by any means

Basementgeek
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 02:33:34 pm »

I understand.  But my company used to fill U Select It machines 40 years ago or so, so I just may have some of those locks. Need to see a picture.

BG
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »

Barry

have PM'd you... Can get a picture of the lock for the weekend or sooner..
Have a number that you might even have the key for the original one...

How about an instruction plate??? Or is that too much to ask??

Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: