SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 03:19:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Info Needed on VMC 33 Compressor Problem johnieG and Friends (Close)  (Read 2809 times)
Olympian
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:43:28 pm »

johnie thanks for the long and detailed response.I printed it out for future reference. This next question is for you or anyone who wishes to chime in. I am going to attach picture of connections on the compressor. I have a arrow pointing to the round black like disk that has a screw where the incoming wire was wrapped around and screw tightened down on to hold. The black disc has a flat copper like thin metal coming out of it and going over to the adjacent terminal and is connected. I have a green arrow showing that I took the wire going to the Black disc and bypassed it and put the wire on the next terminal arrow points to. I am not sure what I bypassed but (that is the problem or part of it.) The compressor started running and very quickly was again blowing cold air .The upper lines also got cold to the touch.The temperture was dropping fast. The compressor was getting pretty hot and I unplugged it. What do I need or will a 3 in 1 be the best and easiest way. SEE PIC
Thanks,
Olympian
Jim
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:17:07 am »

The part with the flat copper-like thin metal piece is the overload protector.
Looks like you got some corrosion going on - treat it like your car battery - clean it up and you'll get better performance.
Glad to hear it still cools!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:50:13 am »

Your 3 in 1 will have it's own overload protector. But first take your old one off and clean any corrosion, dirt or spiderwebs from inside and try it one last time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:53:48 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Olympian
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 10:25:03 am »

I cleaned all the contacts and undid my overtemp breaker bypass and it went back to not cooling. So the next thing I will take your advice and get the 3 in one. Will my local parts store know what I am talking about and have it?  Should a compressor get pretty hot when it is functioning or is that saying there is another problem?
Will post again and update. Will post a pic of my little cavalier (square corner) that I have had for months and finally  got working. This is the machine that Josh was corresponding with me about and suggested I join this website and that you guys were great and loved figuring out these little jewels. He was right ! I think this sight is so good that when you guys sell something on Ebay you should put something in there like member of Soda Machines .com. I would look closer at a auction that was put on by a member and it also might draw in some more new members. Just a thought.
Thanks Again,
Olympian
jim
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:36:25 am »

The 3 'N 1 the folks are speaking of is made by Supco.  You'll probably want model #RCO810 (http://www.supco.com/images/pdfs/2006%20Refrgeration%20Section%2054-63.pdf).  I get mine from a local HVAC store, or you can get one from Funtronics.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up