SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 10:09:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BACK FROM PHILLY AREA WITH MY EBAY WON VMC 33 AWESOME!!  (Read 2984 times)
Olympian
« on: September 06, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »

Picked up my first round cornered machine that I purchased off Ebay a few days ago. I was very pleased when I saw it. The auction said they didn't know if it worked and would not even plug it in. They did not know how to open the left side of door and did not know if it had coin mech was there.. When I saw it I just paid for it and loaded it up.It looked so nice not even surface rust. I had bid on it and won it and was committed anyway. I unloaded it when I got home and went to bed. The next day I went out and opened it up . The inside almost perfect and the coin mech was there. I loaded the machine with 8oz bottles and put a dime it ,it vended perfectly. Plugged it in and cooling system fired up and I put a thermometer in and closed the door. I checked it about 5 hours later and it was 28 degrees. I turned the thermostat back and I am in business. Great feeling! biggrin
Olympian
Jim
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 05:33:35 pm by Olympian » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:53:46 pm »

Congrats ! ! !

Where in Philly did you go; I'm originally from that area...

My six cents,

Jim

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:52 am »

Congrats on your first round top!

Brian
Olympian
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:12:10 pm »

Jim,I think it was actually about 15 miles or so past Philly. I went past exits to Philly and stayed on Toll Rd. and went on to Lansdale PA. $ or 5 miles off Toll Rd. On the way back on toll rd I was hit by a driver on the passenger side right behind the rear wheel. I was in the passing lane heavy traffic in both lines. We were coming up to an exit ramp on the right and the traffic started to slow a little in the left lane so evidently this guy swerved over to change lanes and hit me. I did all I could do to keep from hitting the middle retaining wall. I looked in the mirror and he was getting off at the exit. I went to the next exit and got back on toll rd and went back to where he got off but of course there was no sign of the car that hit me. I didn't think there would be anyone there but I went back because I started imagining that guy pulled over to the side of the road telling a Patrolman how I hit him and run him off the rd. and giving him my plate number. Oh well not much damage at all since I didn't hit the middle concrete divider.Just part of my machines history now. What was I talking about anyway upside
Olympian
Jim

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 07:57:27 pm »

Sorry to hear about the accident!
I haven't been in the Lansdale area much...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: