SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:20:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barq's machines picked up from texas trip  (Read 3755 times)
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:38:05 pm »

I finally got around to getting some pictures taken from my trip in Texas. I picked up a double logo Barq's quikold 3000 for a friend of mine. I picked up two ideal 55s and a Barq's embossed Quikold 2000. Here are some of the pictures. This picture is the Quikold 2000. The front pieces are on the inside. It also had the original tag on it from when it was made in 1959.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 12:49:15 pm »

This is one of the ideal 55s, it is embossed. Barq's ideals came in two different logo styles, some had white lettering for Drink and It's Good. Some had it in a reddish orange to go along with the advertising signs of that time.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 12:59:23 pm »

Great Machines! Always neat to see “Other” brands...
Are these to restore or clean up and leave alone.
I'm in the middle of restoring machines now all are Coke...
But can't wait to get to my 7up Junior.... It's becoming my
favorite. Congrats on the 2 scores!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 01:00:23 pm »

Here is the other ideal 55, need a paint job do doubt, couldn't leave it behind. It even has wheels on it.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 01:02:08 pm »

The two ideals will definately have to be restored, it will just take time find out where to find parts, I've got someone who can paint them in New Orleans..
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 02:40:55 pm »

You'll find parts.... Check with the suppliers here... and watch auctions like ebay....
seems like there's a rack on ebay now. Parts will turn up... always do. you going to restore
them in 2 differnet ways/color schemes. or are you going to make them match?

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 02:57:11 pm »

Hi I might trade the primered machine off for something I have in mind. These machines were only in Blue but someone showed me a red one in a book that's wrong.
Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: