SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 11:26:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Artkraft Pepsi Cooler Question  (Read 3206 times)
LSUFanNM
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:08:42 am »

Hi Everyone.

Ron from Albuquerque here...I am new to the forums and restoring coolers.  My hobby is restoring older bikes and tonka trucks but thought I would give this a shot.  Pickings are slim here out west for machines but found this artkraft pepsi cooler for a good price for a project.  I can't find much information about it and any help would be appreciated.  It is now apart and there is some rust through the bottom, a dent in one side and the two panels that covers the compressor unit are in really rough shape.  Does anyone know if this had a cap catcher?  Anyone have used panels that I can buy?  Oh I need lids too.  What type of lids did this unit have?  The compressor seems to be working...I am having a friend check it out this week to verify.  The interior is made out of copper and is in great shape.  Thanks for the help in advance.  I couldn't figure out how to post pictures here so here is a link to flicker where I have a picture of it.   I look forward to learning more from you guys!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78086619@N03/6846604560/in/photostream/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:11:07 am by johnieG » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:00:15 am »

Welcome to the site!  I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks might chime in here in a few, but here's a little more info on your cooler: http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=14

I have never seen one before, not sure if they match up with any other more common brand for parts, but you might have a tough time finding what you need for it.  I do like the looks of the embossed Pepsi logo

LSUFanNM
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:41:37 am »

Yes the embossing is cool and its on all 4 sides!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: