SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:18:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest toy - Need coin slide for it....  (Read 2818 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: April 27, 2009, 11:37:33 am »

Hi Guys... Picked up my second pre war flipperless pinball machine... I like these cos I can't get fried mucking around and fiddling with them...

This one needs some legs a front door and a coin slide... Have seen a few on ebay but they are the newer type...

Has anyone got one lying around that they'd sell to me...

Dave

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220397099526
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:58:18 am »

Dave,

Since the game is a Pre-war Gottlieb, it probably used an ABT Bulldog coin slide. They appear fairly frequently on Ebay or you buy one from Roger at Crow River.

My Genco 42nd Street Pre-war flipperless was in virtually the same state as yours. No legs, missing coin door and no coin slide.

I bought a set of legs off of Ebay a few years ago that a guy had machined out of oak. He sold a few sets of them. I'll see if I can find any info about him and see if he is making anymore.

I made my own coin door and was in the process of buying a coin slide and mounting on the door as well as a lock.

I ended up selling the game as a project to a fella in Texas who is super-big into pre-war games.

Indcidentally, did this game come with the playfield glass or the hold-down bar?

I'll keep my eye out for anything that you can use.

Do you do any wood working yourself?

Oh yeah, have you checked out these websites? The Prewar Pinball website is really cool as well as the second link which leads to the Sands Mechanical Museum.
http://www.prewarpinball.com/ & http://www.coinopgamemuseum.com/games/officialbaseball/

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:07:16 pm by BrianB » Logged

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:16 pm »

Hi Brian

Yeap does have the glass and lock down bar... They were removed for pictures...
The playfield is in excellent condition...

I'm reasonably happy with being able to get hold of some legs and can get the coin door made..
Will have a look at crowriver and already have the search for the coin slide set up for ebay...

I'm guessing it worked on a penny.. My Rockola World Series is set up ofr a UK Old Penny (very large)

I think they are great and have managed to pick up both of them for a very reasonable price compared to what I would normally have to pay...

Those webistes are on my favourites and I subscribe to a e-mail forum.. (Think you recommended when I posted the world series)

Cheers

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: