SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:46:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barrel Key Locks... Anyone got parts,keys, replacements  (Read 8762 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: May 20, 2008, 11:19:21 pm »

I'm restoring a U-Select-it candy Machine, and it has an original Barrel key lock on it. I would like to still use it as the and that fits into the locking levers is smaller than a standard Lock I use on my other machines. Does anyone have replacements of these or keys lying around. the code on it is MC102 and it says ACE in th Middle. it's about 3/4 inches deep.. and the square part that mounts to the actuator is about a 1/4 inch... I'll put a photo up later.

Thanks,
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:31:20 am »

I'm not 100% sure about a replacement. I think that Curtis might have some info concerning them. I would also try Roger at Crow River. If he doesn't have a key or a way to get one he might have some suggestions for you.

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

I bought some barrel locks from the Pinball resource in Poughkeepsie New York.

http://www.pbresource.com/

Steve Young owns the place.  Very knowledgeable person on games.  He squirrels away parts.  Generally, whatever you need he'll have it. 

I changed the locks on my ball bowler and shuffle alley so they were keyed the same.  I also did the same to my pinball machine and rifle game.  I was tired of using three different keys for each one.

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:06 am »

John,

What kind of U Select It do you have?  Is it a cigarette or candy vendor?  I had three of them a few years ago and practically gave them away.  I was looking for the mint green one with a stand.

The first one was a white 5c wall mounted machine.

The second one was a full sized beat up unit.  I bought it for the stand.  When it arrived, duhhhh tounge  I realized that the stand was part of the unit.  The stand is just a way to increase the size of the chained carrier.

The third one was a mint newer style that was a few miles from me.  I should've kept that one.  My kid wanted it in his room and the wife put the old kabosh on that.  I think that one was a 15c one.

Anyway, I'm looking for the tall mint green one and then I will be set.

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:46 am »

O.K. O.K., I know, I'm hoging this board, but I had to share one more thought.

One thing that I like to do, is to have every flyer or brochure for every machine that I have.  My plan is to put these ads on the wall of my basement stairway.  When you walk down the stairs, you see all the ads.  When you turn the corner, you see the machines.  I think that's a pretty cool idea.  My wife thinks it's stupid.  Differnt strokes for different folks.  Anyway, here is one of my favorites.  Check out the cool threads on this dude! biggrin

Nice hat!!

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 09:37:53 am »

Thanks, I'll follow those suggestions and see what happens,
I'm just finishing it up a bit and will posts some photos when done, I acquired it on a trade and it was ROUGH!!!pretty much rusted solid on the bottom, but amazingly enough I soaked it in Liquid wrench and it freed up and I got it pretty cleaned up. Got all parts moving again, took it mostly apart and some new paint on the cabinet and the vending mech to "Freshen" it up as I was not about to tear it down completely and try to reassemble it... Not my idea of a fun puzzle. Hammertoned the shell in a candy blue color, working on decals and reassembly this weekend!
I'll get some photos up later.
It's the wall model, as there was not a stand with it., but it's missing the front vend chute... which is a bummer and am trying to get one made. ANyone got one?

Also need some close up shots of the front for reassembly. if anyone has one PM me.

John

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 04:55:46 pm »

Hey Brian... is this what you are looking for? It is one of my next projects to get started on..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:55:46 pm »

Thanks Ken, it was actually me asking for photos of the front... what I'm really interested in is the bottom half of the the front, the part that the candy comes out is called the vend chute and mine is missing... trying to find someone to fabricate a new one... I'm curious as to the how the vend, it says line the candy up in the open space and then hit the vend bar, but how can you see the candy bar, is it shown in a mirror inside the vend chute? closeups would really help me, and I might better explain it.
 Mine is similiar to that but only has rounded corners, not square top... Ha.. so there is round top and squart top candy venders too... I wonder if the 60's was the cut off era for those as well?

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:57:59 am »

The sixties were the cut off period for round top machines of any kind, even cars.  The candy is on a conveyor that spins around by the lever.  Just like the peddle moving the chain on a bicycle.  You line up the product, through the window, which I'm guessing you are missing.  Then after the coin is deposited, you press the lever which in turn moves another metal lever thingy (tech. term) that pushes the candy out.  I believe there was two flat prongs that push the product out.  It's been a few years since I saw one.

A lot of stuff.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:19:15 pm »

Sorry John...  blush

I can take a close up of my chute if you think it may be the same.. I have it off the cabinet right now... LMK

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: