SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 02:02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Fabrication Project Poll/Questionnaire...  (Read 2668 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: October 10, 2014, 03:44:43 pm »

I realize this may be getting redundant, but I value everyone's input for developing my strategy ! ! !

I just dropped off an original Stoner 120/Jr base, a short version, for a quote to replicate them.  I have had a few and seen several others for sale without bases which has prompted this topic.  Any direction whether there's a "need" or small market for a few of these bases...?

The version I am looking to reproduce is the short base w/o the front door, open in the back,and minus the original style front leg-levelers.  Initial design discussion has four corner plates very similar to the original two on the rear of the base. Each of these plates would have 3/8" - 16 threads w/ leg-levelers.  A big part of the discussions dealt with the accuracy of fabrication for the base foot, generally the black portion of the base.  I was assured this can be replicated with the exception of the two original front leg-leveler systems.  This will keep the cost down greatly I was told, thus the four leg-leveler design.

I do not have any pricing at this time, but would hope he can stay close to some of the other similar project's pricing...

Any thoughts, questions or concerns is, as always, greatly appreciated ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:04 pm »

I prefer the base with the front door and the closed back.  This way I can use the stand as my storage compartment for all the goodies. 

Are you embossing the front door?  Not sure if that is possible.

A lot of stuff.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:01 am »

The bases I've seen on ebay sell pretty quickly for $250 and need to be redone anyway so if you're in the 250-300 range its likely you will make a couple of bucks.

You might make more money finding 1/2 machines for 2-400 and adding the bases. They have been going for $800-1200 for a 6 pull.

Tim
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:41 pm »

Tim sounds like a good idea.... Also wasn't there a post about 6~12 months or so ago about a some guy buying a warehouse filled with Stoner's? etc.  Did anyone even heard anything more about it?

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up