SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 02:41:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMI D80 Info. Anyone with experience???  (Read 4944 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: December 09, 2009, 10:28:36 am »

I have a lead on two AMI D-80's for $600 for both. They are slightly incomplete but they would make one good box and a lot of xtra parts to sell. Anyone have any info or experience with this juke. They are 45 RPM Jukes. I remember restoring one with my Dad when I was about 14 years old so I like this model but I will have to make a profit. Any info will be appreciated. I attached a file photo just to show what one looks like. This is not the juke in question.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:53:34 am »

AMi's (before they were bought by Rowe) are very easy to work on.
Drawback is they aren't as popular as the Seeburgs and Wurly's of the  same era. and that's the drawback.  I've sen one sold on the Detroit Craigslist,  complete, working and resotred sell for 1800, so there would be some profit it, I can't tell you if it's worth your  while.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 09:40:15 pm »

Not much demand for those in my opinion. For a little more money you could get a decent Seeburg of the same vintage that you could sell faster. Then again, I'm a Seeburg guy.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 10:16:37 pm »

I really like that machine! I say if you can get them for a decent price and you know how to restore or repair, do it! Market it right and you can find a buyer. Espeically when the market comes around.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
johnnyfizz
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 12:10:15 am »

I picked one up this summer and I need to restore it and it'll probably be happening soon.I would be needing some parts. A couple of gray & red buttons for starters and I'm sure more once I tear into it.I would say for that price it is definately worth your time to restore. I paid $250.00 for mine. Nice box,some may say a dog but I like dogs....That's why I'm buying a Wurly' 2200 this weekend so it can have a buddy.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 08:11:50 am »

Josh,

AMI D's are pretty easy to work on, easier than say the F's or the G's. The only drawback other than not being as popular as some of the bigger names is the extensive use of plastic. To my knowledge there is no replacement for any of the plastics on the "D". I beleive the color animation cylinders are reproduced. If the motors are bad for the animation, they can be had as well. The only high failure/commonly missing parts are the gripper arm, turntable shroud, needle brush and a few others.

Brian
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »

I believe that the tubes can be found at jukeboxusa.com... here's a pic of ours... they are a nice machine...

Chris

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 06:34:38 pm »

a friend has one... he seems to really enjoy it... I bought a parts one a few years back the top piece is plastic, has a rocket engraved on it.... seem to crack/spiderweb/crackle.. what ever you call it... fairy easy.... the price sounds about right I thinki he paid around $800 for it about 3 years back.... and the top piece was cracked pretty bad...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: