SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 01:33:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMI Model K Jukebox help  (Read 3908 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: October 04, 2009, 04:07:51 am »

I am thinking about buying three AMI model K jukes that are very reasonably priced. They are all three incomplete and all three missing the glass but besides the glass the three boxes should make two complete boxes. They are in good shape and I can get all three for $900 and they are local to my Grandpa. I probably shouldn't do this but here is the link. I know nothing about these models but I like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270464132022&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ht_500wt_1182

If I am not mistaken these are very popular in the UK. Dave can confirm that. The Jukes are from 1960 The price list says the value is as below. #1 being restored to #5 being Trashed basket case Parts only.

#1 $2,900,  #2 $1,900,  #3 $700,  #4 $530,  #5 $295

What do you all think. Go for it or run away? I would only be doing it for a project when I come home and I would only want to do it to make a profit. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:44:45 am »

Hi Josh

the Juke market in the UK is on its knees... I wouldn't buy to sell here. It wouldn't be worth it factoring in the shipping costs.

This Juke is not the most popular of the AMI stable The H's & I's are the boxes that still command a premium.

Here's one in the UK that just sold

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMI-JUKEBOX_W0QQitemZ250501564527QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ?hash=item3a530e886f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

to give you an idea of cost...There's approx 1.60 to the pound...

Can't help with the US Market but can only think its similar to the UK one...

Dave
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:32 am »

Thanks Dave. I wasn't planning on sending them to the UK. I am going to pass on them. I would rather focus on jukes in a better working condition. I am now looking forward to coming home so I am starting to look for stuff to buy. I plan on doing some parting out and possibly manufacturing some parts with my China and Malaysia contacts. I will be talking to the parts companies soon about that. I have some great connections here in Asia for manufacturing. Thanks for the heads up Dave.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:04:32 am »

AMI's are very easy to work on, but  just don't have the popularity of the Seeburgs and Wurlys of the same era. 
Personally, if the price was lower, I'd grab them, they have (to me) a high cool factor) they are indestructible and hey, a 50's /60's jukebox is way cooler than any squat square box  from the later 60's

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:43:05 am »

I agree with Jim..

I almost bought one a few years ago to make the set of four..
They sound great have a true visible mech and are cheaper than Wurllies or Seeburgs..

I also like the Rockolas...

For some reason the UK market has/had a great deal of Rockolas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: