SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:56:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wb-102 bottle door seal  (Read 3003 times)
« on: June 15, 2005, 02:07:05 pm »

Did the bottle doors of these machines have any sort of seal on them?  I've noticed that some cold air leaks around the bottle door especially at the top where the hing is.  It looks like there is a cut out in the frame around where the door mounts to the hing which leads me to believe there might have been something there originally to keep air from passing between the spaces in the hinges.  Is this right?  Also the door and frame are hard plastic and didn't seal up real tight all the time.  I put alittle vaseline here to keep the door closed and sealed up but were there rubber seals around the bottle door also?

Thanks
Justin
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 08:48:11 pm »

Justin - I don't have a westinghouse but every machine I have seen has a seal around every door/opening into the cooling compartment.  As an example, the grey line around the vending opening on my VMC is the seal. There is a similar seal around the large loading door.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 09:44:28 pm »

Hey Bryan,
That machine looks hungry :-)
Creighton
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:29:22 pm »

Yeah, load it up baby!!!
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:24:38 am »

Yeah it was hungry - an old picture taken after our Memorial Day party where it was the hit of the party (free-vend with adult pops on top and kidde pops on bottom).  It's my $99 VMC-77.  Was sold as-is and not working.  The drive home, a quick power wash and a day of settling time for the compressor oils fixed whatever was ailing it...  Been running like a top for over a month now (even with temps > 100).  Anyway it's now full -> with lots of stuff sitting on top (which I purposefully kept out of the photo).  I'll treat it better once its fixed up (or at least cleaned thoroughly).

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: