SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 06:36:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casters??  (Read 3625 times)
« on: June 09, 2005, 04:53:54 pm »

Just picked up a newer soda machine and I can not find the screw casters that will hold a 800lb machine. Does anyone know where I can find screw in heavy duty casters or have them for sale?? Please let me know!

Thanks,
Brian
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 05:34:27 pm »

Hello

Try Lowe's or Home Depot. or try an appliance store.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:44 pm »

How about Grainger...

My six cents,

Jim

joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 10:46:25 pm »

Strangely enough you might actually look for a castor store.  There's one in Pensacola that I used to go to regularly because they had a huge variety to choose from (more so than Lowe's or HD).

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 09:54:05 am »

Try Caster City Caster City
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 09:22:11 pm »

Another thought - consider a mobile machine base?  I purchased one at a tool store, rated for 1000#, which adjusts to various sizes.  I just put the unit together around the base of the unit -- the wheels are on the outside of base, and the machine nestles into the base unit, so it's extremely stable.  I've used mine for over a month and it's been really good.  The brand I purchased is from Jet - they have several for different weight / measures.  You probably could find them through Amazon or other tool stores on line or where major tools are sold.  Good luck!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 03:02:03 pm »

Is this the right size for a newer style soda machine for the thread on the bottom of the machine?
Threaded Stem - 5/8" - 11 x 1 3/4"

I tried Home Depot, Lowes, and looked into Grainger(don't have exact size as above). If that is the size I need through Caster City, I will probably go with them. I just don't want to buy casters through them and realize I really need 1/2" thread. I can not find my vise grips right now to take out a leg leveler and check, so that is the reason I am asking if anyone has replace levelers with threaded wheels on a new style Dixie Narco or Vendo Machine.

Thanks,
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: