SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 06:00:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier accepts dimes and nickels but spits out quarters....MYSTERY SOLVED !  (Read 6181 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 06:34:33 pm »

Sorry about that. Is the machine level? I think I was told that having the machine not level could cause some coins to fall through. If it is not that then I am not sure what it is.
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »

MYSTERY SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.   I FOUND THE FOLLOWING ENTRY BY COLLECTURE BY SEARCHING THE FORUM.  AND IT WORKED !!!

see below:

Re: Introducing myself.
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 05:58:12 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slug rejector seems to pass quarters, but not nickels when removed from the mech.  When inserted back into the mech both are rejected.  I'll do a search on the forums on how to clean this thing up and we'll see if it makes a difference.

The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.
Soak the rejector in some hot soapy water, flipping open the gate and cleaning hard to reach areas with an old toothbrush or whatever. Also make sure all screws are tight.
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 06:47:34 pm »

Hello all,

Why will my Cavalier USS 64K  accepts dimes and nickels but reject quarters?

MYSTERY SOLVED THANKS TO A 2007 POSTING BY COLLECTURE:

And I quote:   The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.

Thanks,
Mark  USS64K
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: