SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:09:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier accepts dimes and nickels but spits out quarters....MYSTERY SOLVED !  (Read 6158 times)
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« on: July 21, 2010, 02:43:02 pm »

Hello all,

Why will my Cavalier USS 64K  accepts dimes and nickels but reject quarters?

MYSTERY SOLVED THANKS TO A 2007 POSTING BY COLLECTURE:  AND POSTING HERE FROM TKAZ,  THANKS GUYS !!

And I quote:   The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.

Thanks,
Mark  USS64K
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:49:15 pm by USS64K » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:07:24 pm »

Could the slug rejector need cleaning?
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:15:45 pm »

Could be.  No clue.

The previous owner said sometimes it wouldn't work.  WHen I bought it in January , there were no problems.

The machine was not used from January until last week and now it's not working.

Guess I need to find out what a slug rejector is, where it's at and how to clean it....

Anybody want to walk me through it???

I am a complete novice.

Thanks for the suggestion.    
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:07:52 pm by USS64K » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

The slug rejector is the part with at the top of the mech that has the little cradles for the coins and the lever that make the mech return coins. There should be two tabs at the top of the mech that let you remove the rejector from the mech and I have been told that to clean it you can take the slug rejector and ONLY the slug rejector and put it in the dishwaser on the top rack. Just put something in the rejector to keep it open like a pencil or something. I actually need to clean mine pretty soon so I can  take pictures if you would like.
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

Scalebowler !!!

Thanks for the info!!  And photos would be awesome for a photo tutorial.

Gonna go check that out now.

USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

Ok,

That wasn't difficult.

Took the slug rejector out with no problem.  Propped it open and it's on a light wash in the dishwasher as we speak.

Crossing my fingers!!     hopefull

Thanks,
Mark
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:46:50 pm »

I guess now is the point when we mention it will be pretty hot immediately after coming out of the dishwasher, so be careful pulling it out

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 04:52:09 pm »

LOL !!!    biggrin   

I'll be careful.    Sure hopes this rectifies the issue.   Knowing that it works with dimes and nickels and not quarters leaves me with the impression that it's just dirty.

I'll be sure to post again once she's clean, dry and reinstalled.   Again, crossing fingers!

USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 06:21:14 pm »

NOPE ,  CLEANING THE SLUG REJECTOR IN THE DISHWASHER DIDNT CHANGE A THING..........  CORRECTION,  IT'S CLEANER... BUT WORKS THE SAME AS BEFORE.   

REJECTING QUARTERS ONLY..

WHAT NOW??   down
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 06:29:13 pm »

I think your machine has a S75-9800 series in it, is that right?  If so, you can download the manual off the SMC main page and go through the troubleshooting.  If I remember correctly, you need to have some nickles in the change tubes for the machine to accept quarters, so make sure that you have that first. 

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 06:34:33 pm »

Sorry about that. Is the machine level? I think I was told that having the machine not level could cause some coins to fall through. If it is not that then I am not sure what it is.
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »

MYSTERY SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.   I FOUND THE FOLLOWING ENTRY BY COLLECTURE BY SEARCHING THE FORUM.  AND IT WORKED !!!

see below:

Re: Introducing myself.
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 05:58:12 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slug rejector seems to pass quarters, but not nickels when removed from the mech.  When inserted back into the mech both are rejected.  I'll do a search on the forums on how to clean this thing up and we'll see if it makes a difference.

The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.
Soak the rejector in some hot soapy water, flipping open the gate and cleaning hard to reach areas with an old toothbrush or whatever. Also make sure all screws are tight.
USS64K
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 06:47:34 pm »

Hello all,

Why will my Cavalier USS 64K  accepts dimes and nickels but reject quarters?

MYSTERY SOLVED THANKS TO A 2007 POSTING BY COLLECTURE:

And I quote:   The rejector will reject quarters until there are enough nickels in the change tube to give change.

Thanks,
Mark  USS64K
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: