SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:23:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure how these things work  (Read 4562 times)
firemun
« on: April 09, 2005, 03:21:23 pm »

OK, got the refrigeration re wired and the machine is cooling down nicely.  Gave the Coinco a hot soapy bath.  It is noisy but know there is a post about that issue elsewhere.  Here is the problem:
THe bottle stack is not "locked" you can pull drinks at will.  I can drop money in the coin mech and here the solinoid click ...so  i think that the coin mech is ok.  Just whatver locks the gate the keep the drinks in until the money drops is not working.

I have only owned self serve or "single shot" machines like a Cav 51.  Anyone care to enlighten me?  

Thanks
jeff
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 06:12:40 pm »

Jeff,

We'll start with the simple things...
Have you checked the selenoid at the bottom of the vending rack to see if it isn't jammed or has been modified from a previous owner to keep on free vend...?

My six cents,

Jim

firemun
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »

Since i posted that first message, I have been on a mission to discover the secrets of  this thing.  I located the solenoid on the bottom near the stack and it is not moving.  In the mean while I have noticed the "have a coke" light does not work either and the "correct change only light" stays lit even when there are nickels in the tubes.  So my question now:

Does that the little distribution box serve any function other than a connection point...i.e. does it contain printed circuits or other electrical components to help control all of these auxillary functions?

I have not put a volt meter to anything yet...was thinking I would wait to get a service manual.

Any thoughts or advice.
thanks
jeff
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 10:09:15 pm »

Jeff if you notice that something is broken or missing let me know as I have a spare Cavalier 64 rack for parts if you need anything off of it.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 10:45:47 am »

Hmmm, you said the solonoid is not moving?  That click you hear when a coin is accepted, is the solonoid energizing. Check to make sure it has it's return spring attatched.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: