SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:10:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Square top vendo thinks it's ouu  (Read 10646 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 04:15:55 pm »

Thats right I have three spares right now. I have found that almost all small Vendo cooling systems are the same, but sometimes the lines are on the wrong side so with some CAREFULL bending you can get them to fit. I also just put a cooling system from a Cavalier 64 into a newer Vendo push button machine for my brother-in-law and it works great.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 08:00:54 pm »

Quote (Markito @ Feb. 26 2005,1:51)
Allen, when you ordered the compressor rig, was shipping expensive? I've always been tempted, but figured the shipping would be steep.

No, not that I recall.  It came via UPS, well packed in a foam filled box.  I can't speak for any other company, but the whole rig, already charged, with shipping, was like $315.  I think maybe (I'm guessing, it's been 9 months) $35 of it was shipping.  I figured it like this: The box was free, the fix was $315, the total cost of the box: $315.  Cheap enough. Biggest positive in the deal was Eric's help and counsel, which was priceless. He talked me through the install, held my hand over the phone (figuratively speaking, of course), and a day or so later, all was done, cooling at the right temp, and just ducky.

I had to return the dead unit to him as a core, and he had enclosed a return shipping document to get that done. IOW, he paid the freight both ways.  Can't ask for more than that in my book.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2005, 10:33:42 pm »

Yep,
Eric is outstanding. I didn't have a compressor assem. to start with. Answered questions he must have heard a 1000 times so even I could understand. Located a donor assem. and performed a killer restoration. $35/40 or so for the shipping sounds right.
Creighton
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2005, 01:08:40 am »

Sounds really fair.
I may be calling him in the near future.
Thanks guys.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: