SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:30:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replaced changer still nothing!  (Read 10007 times)
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 04:56:23 pm »

Okie - I have a MAR5800.  It has 3 switches, behind the accepter (bottom left of pic), that affect how the changer operates, described in this thread.  If the 6200 is similar you probably have the tube full selector switched to put coins in the box even without a full tube.  This would account for the first two quarters going directly into the box.

It sounds to me like you have it set somewhere between 50 and 75 cents.  On my 5800 the price switches are on the back of the changer behind the selector (top right of the pic).

What is your price set at?  Do you have any nickels or dimes in the inventory tubes?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 07:45:37 pm »

I opened my 6200 changer and found coin selection switches. It was set at what appeared to be $.60. I set it for $.25 and now when I drop in a quarter it goes into the box and I hear a click sound. Maybe like a relay switching. Still no dispensing though. I did notice the "exact change light" flickering, but it shortly quit flickering, so maybe it's a loose wire or something. I'm thinking of getting some electrical contact cleaner and spraying the plug in connections as they look a little corroded and sticky. There are three other switches inside the changer that say escrow, $1, and I forgot what the other option was.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: