SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 01:59:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wurlitzer 1965 Jukebox - 2910  (Read 3923 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: December 23, 2014, 11:20:36 am »

I have always wanted a jukebox, but don't know much about them.  I came across one that is available locally which is a 1965 Wurlitzer 1965 2910 (I don't have a picture at this time).  It is supposed to be working and had some rechroming on the keyboard and 2 side medallions.  It also has a new needle.  I might be able to get this for $700 or $800 and was just wondering anyone's thoughts on that price?  I would like to have a silver age one, but from the checking I have been doing those are closer to $2K for one that does not need much work.  I really not looking for a project but something I can put in my eventual soda shop and listen to.  Any thoughts are appreciated.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »

For that price I would hold out for a 50's Seeburg Model.  They are plentiful and just have a better look to them!

Most jukeboxes are going to be projects.  They were kicked, and abused in bars, and other establishments.  Add vintage electronics with old leaking capacitors, weak tubes, and mechanisms with worn out rollers, motors, etc..

Just because the unit plays doesn't mean it's good to go!  The jukeboxes are a speciality trade, but when finished are just awesome!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:08:22 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:59:04 pm »

Jared, thanks for the response and good info.  I had a feeling someone on the group would respond like this which is probably what I needed.  So back to the hunt....and to saving up a bit more $. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: