SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:57:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wurlitzer 616 Jukebox ??  (Read 12924 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: August 26, 2011, 09:15:51 am »

Hey guys - It has been a while since I have picked anything up, but I got this 1937 Wurly 616.  It is missing the coin mech and a couple pieces of small trim, but it plays and came with several record albums  -about 60 records -Now i need to figure out what i have.  Any idea on value or where I can get a coin mech ??  I like the outside original look, but the insides are going to have to be gone through.  I am pretty happy it works and it was local...  Thanks again !!!

Bob
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:25:18 am »

Tommy Dorsey... I like the albums... you should frame some of those.. Who is the trio on the left...
Cool Juke!... Gotta be a Juke site with everything you need but I'm sure somenoe here knows.
Congrats!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
bremett
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:26:39 am »

I'm not sure on value, but I like it. I just about picked up one just like it about two years ago.
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:28:58 am »

Eric,   a few Dorsey and Monroe albums - Each one of them has photos - like the trio - taped into the front and back covers.

Bob
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:59 am »

Hi Bob,
is it the slug rejector you are missing or the whole mech or do you know?
If it is just the slug rejector, then I might be able to help.
See if you can find a pic of the mechanism somewhere and let me know.

I can't help but wonder "If that juke could talk?"
Who did it play songs for, who danced to it, whose favorite song did it play over and over. The stories it could tell!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:46 am »

Tom - i will look into it a little deeper this weekend... I do know I am missing the front bezel and some of the chute...not sure about the rest.   Hopefully I can find someone who has one - or I will get a hold of a manual....  Looks a little beyond me at first glance....

Bob
bremett
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 11:08:11 am »

I recall seeing a few nice videos on youtube for the 616. One showed a restoration sequence and might give you some close up shot of parts.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »

K, first off, it plays 78's, not albums.  The jukebox forums shred people for less. Then shred them again for not having bought the manual. 
check with Denny at Victory glass, they carry hunfreds of manuals, not the photocopied  unreadable stuff  you can find on Ebay. . They also carry repro and original parts, and Denny is quite knowledgable.

Te coin gear I'd check with Lloyd  at Coinopwarehouse, also for any other trim you or parts you may be missing  (coinopwarehouse.com) Lloyd also has a page on Facebook.

Durfee Coin-op  http://www.jukeboxparts.com/Wurlitzer-parts is another go to spot for parts. He also carries needles for most boxes.

If you can, ask the seller if he knows if the machine has been  serviced, ie the amp rebuilt.  70+ year old capacitors have a nasty habit of burning out,and blowing out.

Congrats and welcome to the jukebox club. It's cool to see the look on someone's face who has never seen a record play, let alone a jukebox that wasn't all Cd's or mp3. Even when it's not playing, it looks darn cool.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »

It may not be the flashiest juke of its period but I like it. It looks like a nice piece of furniture. Its too bad it is not 45's just for functionality but I love the way it looks. Killer score! 1015's are everywhere since they have been repoped this is something you don't see everyday.
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »

Thanks for the info -   Yes, its not real flashy but the more I look at it - the more I like it.... Anyone have any idea on value Huh?   It is all original, nothing rebuilt and it does play....   I paid $500 for it locall,  just want to see how I did....

Bob
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: