SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 10:19:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7up white  (Read 6281 times)
fender leo
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:04:26 pm »

paint code for pre '60s 7up, white  , or just pick a bright white and live with it?
 biggrin
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:56:33 am »

Personally I'd go for the bright white and live with it argument...
Nobody is going to know or be able to tell that your shade is slightly off what it was originally.

I'd get one off the shelf so that, if you do need to touch up in future you can get a kit for..
Moving these beasts around can cause a few nicks here and there. If you have chosen an automobile
colour you can get a repair kit...

Just my thoughts... With my Pepsi Machine (at the suggestion of another member) I let my wife choose the shade...

Dave
G.Pope
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 07:02:35 am »

You mean 7up machines were originally all white?  glare LOL. A good pure white will suffice and dont go for antique white.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:33:25 am »

I found that dupont made a nice shade of white that looked good on 7up machines, I think it was called camio-white for a '57 chevy. not a bright white, but not antique either.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:58:58 am »

Chevy white in 1957 was Imperial Ivory. It is a fantastic color. Most whites are shaded with a little brown and red but Imperial Ivory is shaded with blue. it is the most striking white I have ever seen. We had a 57 Nomad that we painted Imperial Ivory. We found a source of original nitrocellulose laquer paint from a dealership that closed in the 1950's. It was in a 5 gallon bucket with the chevy emblem on it. That was a beautiful car. It sold to the president of Chrysler Credit for his museum.   
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 01:03:47 pm »

I use General Motors white, this is the same color they have been using on their commercial trucks and vans for over 30 years so it's easy for my customers to remember
if they need touch-up in the future.

Glen
rogerz
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:46:10 pm »

I just used the GM truck white also. It is a pure white, and brighter than the original shade that Coke had used on their late 70's machine.

rz
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 06:57:39 pm »

Great question with excellent answers. I will be restoring a 7 up Quikhold sometime in the near future and I was wondering the same thing. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: