SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 10:45:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replating contacts?  (Read 8214 times)
« on: September 22, 2002, 03:02:57 pm »

I need to get the handles and bottle opener off of my CC salesman sample cooler replated.  I believe that they were originally done in nickel (?), but would settle for chrome if that is all that is available.  Where does everyone get these small parts replated?  I have emailed lots of companies off of the internet, but have gotten no repsonses.  I also have the corners and handle from a picnic cooler that I could have done at the same time.  Any help?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 06:24:38 pm »

Steve,

Have you contacted Speed & Sport Chrome Plating?
If not, I have old contact info that may still be acurate:
Speed & Sport
404 Broadway
Houston, TX 77012
(713) 921-0235

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 07:01:06 pm »

Thanks, Jim.  That's one place I haven't contacted yet.  Do you know if they do small things like this, and just a few items at a time?  Any idea on how they charge, i.e. minimum charge, setup fee, etc?  Thanks again.  Steve
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 07:36:15 pm »

I don't recall having to pay a minimum and they do anything I've sent their way, Jukebox parts, Gasoline Pump parts, and most important, Soda Machine Parts.
I really don't remember their pricing...  If my info is still correct, give them a call and ask them about pricing etc...

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 08:22:48 pm »

Thanks, again.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.  Steve
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 10:23:09 pm »

Hey Cokedude you might want to check your local town or city ,Check with parts store's or body shops to see if they
know of any body that does that kind work ,or some hot rodder that is in your town that has a car chromed out he might know of a place also.

Just a thought.

Pat P. ':cool:'

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 09:25:50 pm »

Jim,
   Thanks for the tip on Speed & Sport Chrome Plating.  I called them and they will chrome plate my 2 handles and opener for my salesman sample cooler for $10!  
Steve
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 07:56:54 am »

FYI...There is a minimum charge at Speed and Sport Chrome Plating...it's $30.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 08:06:41 am »

Steve,

It's ashame you didn't get the name of the person that quoted you the $10 price so you could debate the extra fees... All in all, that's isn't terribly much to pay considering the value of what you're restoring...

I would to hear back when the parts arrive home as to the quality  of Speed & Sport. It's been some time since I have used them...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: