SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:30:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: recommendations for painting in ventura county (or LA county) area?  (Read 3356 times)
sdj544

« on: September 04, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »

I have a CS-96 and a VMC33 that have been sitting dissassembled, ready for paint, in my garage for years.
I finally have time to restore them, but not sure where to take them to get them painted.  Anyone have a place to recommend
in SoCal?  Or how to search and find the types of places that would take on that kind of work?

thanks,
Steve
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

Steve,

I would check with Moondawg81 ( Glen) he has a shop in Ventura, CA.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:16:29 pm »

Checking back, seems you placed the same post 5 years ago, before I had an in-house painter.
       But if your machine is already broken down and you are going to do your own re-assembly........
why not use your local body shop? Then you can bring us just the embossed door to have letters painted.

Glen
sdj544

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:59:38 pm »

Yes, I did.
I was already to get them done and then I got laid off and the economy tanked, and they weren't really a priority.
Now things are back to being more stable and it's time to either get them finished or get rid of them.
I was hoping that somebody had something new to add, or someplace they'd found over the past 5 years, that they could recommend.
If I can give business to someone who was already familiar with and friendly to our hobby, then I'd prefer that.

thanks,
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: