SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:12:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light Pepsi blue paint (the baby blue color)  (Read 8014 times)
addamb
5 Cent Member

« on: June 25, 2014, 08:51:29 am »

My Pepsi VF-90 is in great shape, and i have no intentions to repaint the outside, but the Bottle rack area is pretty rusty. it's white and light blue. I can match the white but I was hoping to find the lighter Pepsi blue (See attatched pic) in a spray paint form. I tried Googling but i could only find a place that had the two darker Pepsi Blues. Any suggestions? I just want something close if i can't get the specific paint, the slight tint on the glass throws it off anyways so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I also contemplated on doing the rack area White and yellow, or all yellow like the older Pepsi machines to add a little color to the machine if i can't find the correct or close blue i need. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
1981 Asteroids Deluxe Cabaret
1981 Ms. Pac-Man Cocktail
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:30 am »

I just picked this up off Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/301217640034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1124wt_1124 .

It looks pretty close, and after searching the forum a little better, i found the code for the color i'm looking for and when i googled it i came up with this Rust-Oleum paint. It's worth a shot, i'll let you know how close it is after i use it!

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 05:18:11 pm »

Be careful with the rustoleum stuff. It seems like it takes forever to dry. Like days or longer to fully cure. You could probably take the color you like to a paint store and they could make your a spray paint in the color you like and put it in a spray bottle.
Just a thought. Good luck

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:57:20 am »

Be careful with the rustoleum stuff. It seems like it takes forever to dry. Like days or longer to fully cure. You could probably take the color you like to a paint store and they could make your a spray paint in the color you like and put it in a spray bottle.
Just a thought. Good luck

Yeah it took a bit to dry compared to "other" paint. I let it "bake" in the sun in my backyard for about 6 hours and that helped a lot.

I gotta say the color is pretty spot on (again, I’m not a purist, so others may not agree). It’s a tad more "blue" then the rest of my machine, but the paint on the outside is still pretty yellowed, so once i take care of getting all the old yellow mess off it i bet the match will be near perfect. I was also able to match the white on the bottle rack and the grey on the bottom of the front door where the air comes in over the compressor.

I'll take some pics this week, and post the paint and part numbers i used (all from Walmart and Lowe's except for the blue) at some point this week so others can gain from it.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 10:46:07 pm »

I'm glad it worked for. I'm still learning so any info or pics you post would be most helpful.

Kevin

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
addamb
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:02:27 am »

I'm glad it worked for. I'm still learning so any info or pics you post would be most helpful.

Kevin

Thanks! I'll get some good pics posted this weekend.

Vendorlator VF-90 Pepsi
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: