SMC Discussion Areas
May 31, 2024, 01:49:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THIS is why you should always Replace the insulation in any machine you own!  (Read 4763 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:33 pm »

Restoring a Vendo 81b for a guy , and found this...

I've seen lots of things when restoring machines, but never this...

mice had made their home in the door liner of this machine and it's amazing what rat feces and urine can do to insulation..

not sure where some of it went, I'm assuming just broke down due to the tunneling and urine and feces...

It was quite the odor when I removed the liner, put on the extra thick and long gloves and the respirator for this one.. Yuck.

so if you think your original machine is just fine with the original insulation.. you may want to think again!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:27:41 pm »

I would never put an "original machine" in the house without replacing insulation.  As far as I'm concerned, they all need the insulation replaced and rust prone areas dealt with.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

I wondering where all them mice came from in my house.

I have three original cooling machines in the house. I never changed anything in them.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 09:16:29 am »

Larry,

I do too now that I think about it.. my 44 is all original and in pristine condition..

this one you obviously new it had issues as you could smell it from 10 feet back... yuck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »

Found the same type of thing in a VMC 27 counter top door, to this day I still cant figure out how they were getting in as there are no small holes, cracks or any type of opening at all !  Those little suckers can really get into anything !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: