SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 02:33:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi 81 / Repaint  (Read 32135 times)
Alligator

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2013, 10:35:51 pm »

Fantastic job on that Pepsi machine.  Thanks for detailing the steps you took.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 02:50:38 pm »

Great looking machine! Nice job! If you need an alternate home for it, I know it would look nice in my rec room!!!  biggrin

Did I understand correctly that you didn't remove the inner tub/liner and reinsulate? Just trying to understand how much folks are doing with a partial vs complete restore.

Did you remove the cooling system to work on it or did you leave it in place? What did you use to clean it? Did you sand it too? Thanks!

B.
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 03:21:40 pm »

Looks great!!!

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »

Great looking machine! Nice job! If you need an alternate home for it, I know it would look nice in my rec room!!!  biggrin

Did I understand correctly that you didn't remove the inner tub/liner and reinsulate? Just trying to understand how much folks are doing with a partial vs complete restore.

Did you remove the cooling system to work on it or did you leave it in place? What did you use to clean it? Did you sand it too? Thanks!

B.

Brenda,

I did NOT pull the liner or re-insulate the cabinet.  I felt like the cabinet and liner and the underneath section were clean enought NOT to mess with since I decided from the very beggining I wasn't doing a full restoration that it wasn't neccessary.  Some people may of pulled the liner, etc. but I did not.  I figured some day when I had more time, and more money I would be doing a full restoration anyway.  In the past I have been quick to tear down manchines all the way to the ground.  I find it's  easy overwhelming, cost more money, and take a lot more time.  The machine is for me, so I could really care less what someone else thinks.

Compressor:

I built a stand out of scrap OSB, and 2x4's measured the same height as the cabinet where the evapator sits on in the machine.  As many have posted that is the best way to work on the compressors, out of the machine.  I replaced both fan motors, blades, t-stat, and all the wiring.

As far as prepartation I removed the lower base plate ( never again) and wet sanded the entire compressor with 320 grit wet sand paper.   I taped off the areas, and used painters roll for the different colors.  I used just regular Rustoleum paint from the Home Depot.  The copper tubing I just used steel wool to knock the spray paint off to get the coppers shine back.

I think my whole reason for posting was to show how easy it is to clean up a machine with out doing a full restoration.  Full restorations soak up a lot of money and time.  I can understand the memebers on here that are doing in for  a business, but for me just a weekend warrior I just don't simply have the time, money, or customers for that.

Jared
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

[quote author=Slapshot42 link=topic=17327.msg147745#msg147745 date=1386112636

.......reason for posting was to show how easy it is to clean up a machine with out doing a full restoration. 

[/quote]

And this becomes extremely important when refinishing a square corner machine.

Glen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: