SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:40:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions needed on my DIY vendo 80 restro....  (Read 5394 times)
wee
10 Cent Member

« on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »

First question is on the liner....It's in pretty good shape but I can't seem to get the bottom as clean as I would like for it to be...? Any ideas....I got some CLR but was afraid to really scrub it....I'll try that tomorrow after reading some threads here....Other than I don't have any more ideas.....I would assume comet may be too aggressive.....? I don't really want to paint it with hammer tone... I like the idea of keeping it as original as possible.

Now for the BIG question.....Convert it to cans or leave it be.....?  I'll get zero use out of it if I leave it to vend bottles, but I don't really like the idea of changing it either....I guess it could always be changed back to vend bottles by wrapping some rubber like matterial back around the the rollers....?

Here are a couple of pics of the liner.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:07:15 am »

That liner looks just fine for an unrestored machine. Further scrubbing may remove the galvanized coating completely.

Even if you did reduce the size of the rollers for cans, bottles will still work fine although you may only need to shim the sides if the stacks.

Glen
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:46:27 am »

That tub looks great for an untouched original. You could have one like mine. smile

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 08:30:22 am »

a little CLR , dilluted and some light scrubbing should get rid of that calcium buildup.. (the white stuff.).. just go slow and have water on hand to rinse...

it's not bad like others have said.. if your keep it original, it's not going to looks shiney and new.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »

Started painting the bottom of the box where the compressor sits....It was about the only area with any rust. The paint matches pretty good so far, especially
considering it came off the shelf at Lowes and was only $5  Good enough match for the inside anyway. Notice the hinge I'm holding up in the first pic.

Brian
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »

Got it finished....Paint doesn't match as good after 4 coats...But it will do.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: