SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:19:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEAL 55 SLIDER LEAKING WATER  (Read 6294 times)
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« on: October 24, 2012, 04:24:45 pm »

I came into the garage the other day and there was quite a bit of water on the floor, I have read here that  the machine "pees" sometime, (Ive had a small amount of water, but this was a lot),  cleaned up the water and machine looked fine, engine was running, and drinks were cold.  Can someone tell me what happened and how to fix it?

thanks everyone
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:06:39 pm by johnieG » Logged
MrMark

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

I'm sure someone will give you a more defined answer, but water under a unit is a result of condensate from the cooling section (unless you had a leaker drink). Depending on where you live, humidity might be higher than normal and condensate drips from up above faster than it can evaporate from warmer surfaces where it may have collected after condensing on somewhere cold.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »

Yes, you machine has become a winter home for a water elemental, best to seek the employment of a druid priest to purge the machine.  tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »

Yes, you machine has become a winter home for a water elemental, best to seek the employment of a druid priest to purge the machine.  tounge

Geez Johnie, how much does that cost?   tounge

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 08:50:39 pm »

2 chickens & a yearling goat. 

Seriously though double check your top seal & the loading door seal, here's a neat trick, remove the bottles & put a flashlight ( torch to our English cousins) or a camping lantern inside the slider & close the lid, now turn off the room lights & see where the inside light is "leaking" out as little as a 1/16" of a gap will cause major frosting ( probably butter-cream vanilla) & excessive condensation. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:56:33 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:57:10 pm »

Funny, she doesn't look Druish ~ Barf   
  biggrin laugh tounge

~ Bryan
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 07:33:14 am »

is there a fix?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 08:24:17 am »

As Stated , it's a condensation issue... the humidity where your machine is being used must be quite high...
My Glasco 50 I use sweats bullets as well when the humidity is high , mainly due to it being all original insulation I'd guess... probably should be replaced..

as far as the underneath part, Try addiing some foam copper tube insulation along the tubing... that should help a bit keep the cold and humidity apart?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:48 pm »

is there a fix?

You can replace the rubber seals and make sure the side loading door is closing completely, a twisted or warped lid on top can usually be fixed by grabbing the corner opposite of the high-side of the lid & gently give it a twist in the downward direction to try to level it out. if that fails, or it has been caved in the middle by someones rear end using it as a bar-stool in the past, you may have to add some foam-rubber door seal gasket/tape to help fill in the gap around the edge of the lid.

BUT, if the condensation is on the outside/exterior of the main chassis, then your insulation may have fallen apart, or it's gotten wet from a plugged drain-hole, if it's a plugged drain, you may have a small lake in the bottom of the pre-cool area & it may even spill out of the bottom of the side loading door.

If the copper compressor line's sweating or frosting up then melting when the machine shuts off during its cycle, as mentioned before, you may have had a high humidity couple of days & it just dripped onto your floor. I assume you have a drip pan and aren't just running the drain hose onto the floor ( assuming you have a drain hose too)

11 is louder than 10...
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »

thanks Johnie!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: