SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 07:13:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to clean refridgeration system ?  (Read 2431 times)
williebman

« on: November 07, 2012, 12:22:42 pm »

I have my square top v 56 and cleaned the exterior with soapy hot water and made sure not to wet any electrical parts. But I was curious how to I clean the compressor compressor fan? Basicly the bottom of my machine? I know not to wet it. It looks like original fan. Thanks
MrMark

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »

You can get it all wet as long as you make sure to let it dry completely before plugging it back in, along with making sure anything that could trap water is removed and drained (compressor electrical cover, plug connectors of any type, etc..). You also want to prevent getting the cardboard fan shroud from getting too wet as it will warp as it drys, only to cause the condenser fan to start rubbing or even get stuck.

But using water to clean is only a matter of how dirty the condenser deck is as well. If you are trying to clean up after years and years and years of not being cleaned, water (maybe even a little soapy water at first) following the concepts above, would do the best job. If all you are trying to do is clean collector dust on the fan and in the condenser coil, then use a vacuum cleaner.

You might keep in mind that both the condenser and evaporator motors in these units get a lot of hours on them, particularly the evaporator fan motor. You might really look at replacing them, which makes it easier to clean the condenser coil.

And finally, when you clean coils, you always force the dirt to go out of the coil the same way it went in. whether you use vacuum, compressed air (messy) or blast of water.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: