SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 04:38:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scavaging an 81 cooling deck  (Read 3310 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: September 01, 2011, 05:54:15 pm »

The 81 that I am slowly working on is going to need a new compressor.  Would like to keep it as original as possible so I would like to find a donor unit from another machine. Have been keeping my eyes out for a V80 parts machine since it has the same configuration.  Are there any other models that use the same cooling deck arrangement?  Also, has anyone ever replaced just the compressor with a donor unit from another less desireable model?  Mine has the pancake style version.  I think I have seen that style in the 56s' and 39s.  If I don't have any luck with those options, I will most likely send it off to Eric and have him retrofit it with a new unit, but would prefer an older model.  If someone finds a pallet of NOS Tecumsehs out there, give me a call! hopefull

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:23:25 pm »

Keep an eye on all those early squaretop Vendo and Cavalier machines in your area. They usually have the pancake compressors too although sometimes the copper lines are in a different location but are easily re-routed.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: