SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 02:45:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help with Cooler ID and value  (Read 3286 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:16 am »

Hi Everyone! Could anyone tell me what brand this cooler is? Haven't been able to make an ID on it myself. Any thoughts about value in currrent condition? Restored condition? Thank you!

B
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:52 am »

Looks like a Westinghouse Standard to me.  Value?  Maybe a couple hundred in that condition.  Are the interior tubs and the inside of the lids in good shape?

drinking Tim drinking
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:47 am »

I wonder if I am looking at the wrong Westinghouse std. The one shown on this SM site seem to show the WH std  with a cooling system and the one I posted was only a cooler. I am probably looking at the wrong WH std. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

B
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:43 am »

The standard was available in electric and ice versions but both pictures may not be in the soda machine library.

drinking Tim drinking
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:44 am »

Ah!!! Thanks! As very mcuh a "newbie", I know there was something I was missing!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:00 am »

Looks to be the Master model to me... 35"X41"X25" your missing a cap catcher that Funtronics carries and probably need to replace the gasket that they also carry... produced from the late 30s into the 40s that
was my first Coca-Cola cooler/machine... thought I had found something really, truly rare. Later found out they
aren't that rare but are great to fix up and use on the patio. How's the lids? are they embossed on the inner panels.
I believe when restoring that Rod also carries decals for the lettering... you can paint the areas white, apply
the decals shoot the cooler Coke red then peal off the decals to have clean, crisp, white lettering.

Old price book says rarity is 1.5 (out of 5, 5 being rare) average condition not restored $200... restored don't
know... haven't been to enough shows to see what they are now bringing in this economy... maybe some of
the restoring guys can chime in.... Nice find! there may be embossed lettering inside along the tub upper edge
to give you a date.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:06:20 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 12:45:46 pm »

the market for restored coolers, like the Westinghouse Junior and master dropped with the   repros now available.
Personally, i love the origibnal coolers, 

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: