SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:21:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo JUNIOR 123 - need round drum inside tub???  (Read 10274 times)
AllachSS

« on: July 03, 2012, 10:30:33 am »

Do you have one or know where I can get a reproduction for the 1939 Vendo Junior 123 spintop??? email me newsjf@cox.net
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:35:29 am by johnieG » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:56:10 am »

The junior used a basket that hung from the sides.  Sadly no one is repopping them that i know of. They do show up on Ebay, but expect  to wait to see one.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 11:21:31 am »

That picture looks really familiar. Is this the one in Rhode Island that has been listed on craigslist for a long time and Ebay several times?

Tim
AllachSS

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »

Yes that is me in Rhode island. I was sellign it, but now I want to restore it and need the inside bottle rack for the tub.. I had it for sale once on CL and ebay about 7 months ago..
AllachSS

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

Kilroy, any idea what the basket looks liek or dimensions? or where I could get them.?
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »

Give me some time - Mine has/had an acrylic  one made.  I will have to get to the storage, and I can get you measuremments, and templates.  maybe this weekend if the heat breaks.

AllachSS

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:14:25 pm »

I would be forever in debt to you if you did me that favor. And very appreciative.. THANKS!
AllachSS

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

while yorue takign measurements id LOVE to see pics of it, the inside with the acrylic rack and the top door part too.. any advice or restoration tips?
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 02:29:17 pm »

I'd love to take pics, but it's in peices waiting for me to get back to finishing it.
I did find this link, which gives you an idea of the inside. 

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/1436-old-vending-machine

There suggestions on proces were pre reality shows. They were too high even then =)

Restoration tips??  There are great ideas in the threads, but I can not stress enough:
Take pictures
Take more pictures
Put parts in sealable baggies labeled with info as to where they went, <door coin mech, etc>
Take more pictures. - when you're ready to rebuild you will forget how something went together.

AllachSS

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:55:07 pm »

wow thanks. that helps a little. I still would love to find a picture of all 4 sides inside the tub. Was the rack 2 layers? where did you get an acrylic one? weren't the real ones steel? so its not a ROUND tub like other vendo machine spins?

Excellent advice on taking pics. I agree. Last time I restored an old Vespa and took 250 pics boy did those help in reassembly. Worth their weight in gold.

Im trying to figure out what do do with my refrigeration unit. can I spray paint it, the slats?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: