SMC Discussion Areas
May 13, 2024, 12:45:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse we6 worth more whole or in parts???????  (Read 9586 times)
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« on: May 26, 2008, 10:26:12 pm »

OK I just ran across 2 of these and I already have 2( prob will ditch another one so I only have one). And thus its time to get rid of some. Now the big question, are coolers worth more in parts or as a whole? IE I could sell off cap-catchers, lids outer and inner, the colling system, the inner stainless, wire cover/ back cover top bottle window apparatus etc...... Any thoughts?  Cool Oo
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:58:29 pm »

I would be interested in a cap catcher, back compressor cover and the water bath shaft that has Ice Cold or Coke on it I don't recall which right now. If you are completely scrapping one I'd take the left side panel. Send a PM if interested.
Thanks!
Creighton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:21:56 pm »

Now the big question, are coolers worth more in parts or as a whole? IE I could sell off cap-catchers, lids outer and inner, the colling system, the inner stainless, wire cover/ back cover top bottle window apparatus etc...... Any thoughts?  Cool Oo

I think that the sum of the parts is greater than the whole theory is valid for every machine, but it all depends on what you paid for it.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:08:38 am »

Yep water bath machines are hard to sell. You would probably get less than $200 for a good complete machine, but I would think the parts could be worth double that. I used to buy Cavalier 64's just to part them out and would make three times what they were worth complete.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:25 pm »

jawdrop  JOSH that is why the goverment put  Cav. 64 on the indanger species list  laugh.   I could use the lids if there not in bad shape  hopefull.

Pat
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:23:49 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:16:11 pm »

Creighton, Pat...................... Sorry I have been really busy so I haven't had a chance to look at those parts more closely and take pictures, I will try to do so In a few days.   PAT: Do you mean the whole Lid with the inner parts and outer parts? if so I will take pictures of inner and outer part, If just one side( ex. inside lids) let me know.

Creighton: "water bath shaft" are you just looking for the small cover that has the Ice cold part? or the whole stainless part that fits around the coils and the mounting part and the ice cold part?

Thanks, ADam
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:33:18 pm »

Hi Adam,
No worries!! I would like the entire shaft if possible.
Thanks,
Creighton
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 12:14:25 am »

Are these Bowout chests? If so I have a buyer for you on a cap catcher.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Sodaman101
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:26:33 pm »

OK all here are some pictures,    Joey...........Creighton gets first dibs on the cap catcher I may have another one but cant be sure until I empty out my storage space at the middle or end of July when everything comes on how to my own Storage " barn" Or Soda-barn if you will ( LOL Stole that from Johnny) So below are some pictures of the stuff I have more parts but that is what was asked for here and I will list stuff on ebay that does not sell here cause while I did Buy them I didnt want them but the old man said " take it all or nothing" so I proceeded to play hardball and walked away expecting the " wait you can just take what you want" but after 2 days of " im gonna think about it" I took it all........Dang the " take it all or nothing montra"......So here ya go for pictures....... Feel free to post here or email or PM me..... Try email first I hate having to log in to check PM's  tounge

OOps forgot Creighton I have the top part that covers the agitator motor that says " ice cold" as well............ forgot to take a picture...... will try and get that sometime in the next day or so...... life is crazyyyyyyyyyyy

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:33:22 pm by Sodaman101 » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 10:10:50 pm »

I'll take the cap catcher and any agitator parts. Let me know what you want. You can PM or email to cjsmith1@ix.netcom.com.
Thanks!!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: