SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 01:41:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse/Bevco Coolers  (Read 8077 times)
adamg

« on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:41 am »

Looking for a ballpark estimate of value for some 40's coolers I picked up this week. First vintage coolers I've ever had so any information would be greatly appreciated. Would love to have these restored but don't have the cash. Now I have 3 huge coolers and don't know what to do with them....!

1. Coca Cola Westinghouse WE-10, pretty good shape, runs, minor surface rust
2. Pepsi Bevco (b6-20..?), TWO of these. One shot sparks, one runs. The one that runs has better paint and chrome, but bottom has more rust/ is less solid.
3. 1980s Pepsi 4 head fountain cart, please help with model/value! I think I will keep this, but still want to know as much as I can about it

Here's a link to the pictures. You'll have to highlight the whole thing and copy/paste.. it left the last few numbers off the link

http://cid-1e33f447b8888b97.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Adam%20Gerdes%20CokePepsi%20coolers/DSCF1119.JPG#resId/1E33F447B8888B97!220
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:54:13 am by adamg » Logged
adamg

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:37:27 am »

Pics, if the link doesn't work
adamg

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:24 am »

Bevco
adamg

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 12:40:02 am »

Fountain cart
adamg

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:41:47 am »

WE 10
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:11:32 am »

Adamg,
   Here's a bit of info for the fountain cart, it might be newer than a diplomat but they are mostly all the same. Standard self refrigerated roll around pre-mix dispenser which if it has'nt had the lines sanitized will need a good cleaning and probably need the lines replaced.

Also with a bit of creative mods can easily be converted to a beer dispenser. happydrinkers

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10502.0.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:13:45 am by stuntpilot » Logged
adamg

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »

I'll have to look into that!
I live in a big Pepsi town.. we have a distributorship here, so I should be able to get some hoses and any other parts I need. It did come with all hoses but like I said it has been sitting for 10 years so will definitely need a good cleaning.  
Thanks for the info and the link. Any idea on the value of something like this? It brings back alot of memories, so I plan to keep it because of that, but still want to know biggrin

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:10:28 pm by adamg » Logged
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 04:31:05 am »

It all depends on if the cooling system works, cleaned and ready to dispense pop maybe $300. This looks newer, maybe a late 80's early 90's version.

Fill the water bath up to the overflow tube and see if it builds ice along the sides of the inner tub, also make sure the agitator motor which sits at the center top is working, it has a long shaft with a propeller on the end which sits in the water and agitates it. biggrin

Not really a large market for those, but handy for picnics and parties.
adamg

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »

Thanks again for the input, helps alot to know where to start, getting it up and running. Anyone have some info on the coolers?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 02:34:57 pm »

but handy for picnics and parties.

Biggest darn picnic coolers I've ever seen  biggrin

Glen
adamg

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »

Yeah.. plugged in the fountain cart today, sounded like it was running good then looked at the fan.. nothing. darn Locked up tight. Guess I'm gonna learn how to tear one apart. Just hope i can piece it back together biggrin

stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 05:06:46 am »

adamg,
      Common problem with the agitator motor, unfortunately it's a sealed unit. Take it out and apply some oil to the shaft and manually try to force it too spin while it's powered up. Another trick we used to employ was drill a small hole in the top of the motor and squirt some oil into it, that though is just a temp fix and not recommended.

Just because the compressor runs does'nt really mean it's working, you have to fill the water bath and let it run for 24 hours and see if you have ice formed around the outside of the tub. Another common problem with these is if you see any blisters or bubbles in the coating around the inside edges of the tub it means you have a freon leak and the tub needs to be replaced. The freon coils are located beneath the coating on the sides of the tub, you can see them when you look close.

The agitator just circulates water within the water bath too keep the product cold as it goes thru the coils, when it fails you will dispense a good cold drink once and then the next one will be warmer than it needs to be as the surrounding water can't keep it cold enough without the water circulating. If your only going to dispense one drink every ten minutes you don't really need it.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: