SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:18:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aligning vend door?  (Read 3947 times)
Slamking18
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:55:58 am »

I guess I have a USS-96 or at least that is the closest machine to what I have.  The seal on the vend door is in very good condition and I dont see anywhere that it is sunk in.  About a foot on the side opposite of the hinge and about 6 inches of the lower portion of the door does not hit the seal.  The door is as out as it can be on the machine and I think my problem is that the hinge side of the door is holding it out causing this gap.. Do you guys have any ideas that I might be able to try?  Right now, I have some foam tape on the door itself to hit the seal, but I only want this to be temporary.  The seal looks good to me, as it is sticking out far so I am not sure what to try first...
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:10 am »

There are adjustment screws on the hinge part of the door.  It sounds like the top is set different than the bottom but you can ususally adjust this out with the screws and moving the door back and forth...

aspbear
Slamking18
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:48:08 am »

Yeah, there are adjustments on the hinges and right now both top and bottom are as far out as the slots will allow...  I am almost considering slotting the hinge on the door side too so I can bring it out even more... your thoughts?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 11:59:09 am »

Lift the gasket in it's low spot and bolster it up with sponge tape

Glen
Slamking18
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:53:19 pm »

I tried that also, but I dont think it is the seal that is low, I think the door is just not sitting right.  The seal looks the same in the spots that are hitting the door as the spots that arent...
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 04:39:25 pm »

On my USS I had to shim this part to get the door to close correctly. Located on the bottom chasis opposite side of the hinges. There should be a roller on the main door that makes contact.
Creighton
Slamking18
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:55:02 pm »

Hmmm.. I will look, but I dont think I have anything like that...  I will keep you posted and I will get some pics of my door...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: