SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:20:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1959 Chevrolet Apache  (Read 11070 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 05:30:54 am »

I'm detecting a trend in the "buy a restored one" category. Half the fun for me is fixing it up myself!!!(or as much as my skill level allows me!) Thanks for being honest though, I appreciate it.

I'm not really interested in a 60's-70's truck just because they don't do anything for me. Living in Indiana, I see a TON of typically 70's and on up trucks with a few late 60's running around still.

Any other suggestions?

Brian
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 07:01:40 am »

Brian,to me it's the same thought as a pop machine, 
Buy what you like.

The only other thoughts I have is  go with a step side short bed. Oh, and maybe do it in Coke Yellow =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:42 am »

I've heard both sides as well Brian, I too love the 50's era trucks however I personally like the early 50's chevy's big bubble front end with birght chrome Grill.. yeah! People in the hobby tell me that know me,, just buy restored, as you'll get to enjoy it sooner than later.. but I see your side too..
I have 59 Corvette that I bought all done , and needed nothing for me to enjoy when I first got it other than brakes.. so it all depends on what you want, and how soon you want it..
Good luck on your quest!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 12:14:06 pm »

I've always been a big fan of the 1948-1950 Ford F-1 and F-2 trucks.  I'm buying the one pictured below this month.  It's a 1950 F-2 and it's in good condition, just needs a bit of engine work.  Has been a nice looking daily driver, just not a show restoration.  I'll save that for later, and just enjoy as is for now.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 12:42:19 pm »

Thanks guys, Now you got me thinking i need to revise my wish list =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 02:31:29 pm »

John,

Call me hard-headed but, even if I had the disposable $$$ to throw at a perfectly restored oldie I would still more than likely buy a beater and restore it.  biggrin  I'm just wierd like that!

Actually it's aids me in another endeavor that I am working on finalizing right now. If I buy an old truck to restore that the wife likes, it justifies the building of a detatched garage even more to restore it / house it in. She already want's me to build one so that I can convert the existing 2-car attatched into a scrapbooking room / playroom!  laugh So....this is all a part of my not-so-crafty plan, you see!

In reality I think the garage will probably come first. (I hope)

Greg,

That's a sharp looking truck, let us know how things go with it!!

Brian
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 09:27:13 pm »

Brian I restored mine in 1985. I had well over $10K in it and sold it for far less than that. I miss it everyday. The color was exactly like yours.....Powderpuff Blue. It really turned heads and was a straight 6.  darn

Missouri
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: