SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 02:12:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new use for Prereration H  (Read 3700 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:36:42 pm »

I was reading this on  Fox News and who would have thought  you could use Preperation H
 for this, It's a sad world out there what people will do . Sorry it just made me laugh and I thought I would share  laugh.

The New Club Drug: Preparation H?
Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The hottest club drug appears to be one normally used to fix a "burning" problem.

Preparation H, the topical medication used to treat hemorrhoids, reportedly is catching fire as the latest "drug" to hit the New York City club scene.

The topical solution contains a medication called phenylephrine HCL, which shrinks the swollen tissues of hemorrhoids. It works by constricting the nearby blood vessels that surround the area. But the ingredient will shrink other tissue as well.

The method has been hailed on the Internet and has long been used by body builders in need of a quick fix for a problem area prior to competition, as well as women looking to reduce puffiness around their eyes.

But one doctor said the off-label usage of the drug is ludicrous.

"It doesn't even work that well for hemorrhoids," said Dr. Marc Siegel, a FOX News medical contributor. "I find in my practice it has to be combined with hydrocortisone. The notion of phenylephrine is problematic at best. It's a placebo effect."

Siegel told FOXNews.com that the drug can cause uncomfortable side effects such as rashes, as well as more serious side effects such as elevated blood pressure.

New York bouncer, blogger and author Rob Fitzgerald told ABCNews.com that men are slathering up their torsos with the hemorrhoid cream to make themselves look "ripped."

Fitzgerald, who writes the blog Clublife, recently conducted his own research on the phenomenon, interviewing a user, a drugstore worker and a nightclub manager.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:21:12 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:34:14 pm »

Hmmm... I wonder if it will shrink my fat gut?Huh?   biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 11:21:28 am »

down Sad what people will do.

Didnt a female athelete die a couple years ago from using too much muscle ache ointment?

Seems like it was on 20/20.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:23:14 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279482,00.html

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up