SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:11:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on the value of Square top's  (Read 7888 times)
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« on: August 21, 2007, 10:54:01 am »

As roundtops and other older machines are bought up or destroyed do you think we will start seeing an increase in the value of square tops over the next decade? Of course not all square tops will make ideal collectables but there are a few that are small, have glass doors, light up and vend all sorts of beverages. What are your thoughts?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 12:00:21 pm »

You're seeing a increase now I think.... small 56s , 63s are becoming very popular...
you use to not be able to give them away about 10 years ago... now you see them
up into the hundreds and I've seena few around $1500+ in original condition
... Randy in Ozark does real well restoring them and there's another company
restoring them as different beer brands and sell them for a few thousand... I think
they have a website...beermachines.com? they set up at Chicagoland every year.

I think the smaller ones, if done right are great looking machines... My first ST was a 7up
56.... embossed I sold it 6 or 7 years ago to a candy store in Oklahoma for $1300.
it was all original I did nothing to it... I got it a few years before for $250.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:55:31 pm »

I am seeing the cavalier's uss/css-8-64's become more expensive. Years ago I saw them for 50 to 100 and now sellers are firm on 200 to 300. I still get them for 125-150 working and 40-50 non working. Funny thing about this machine is everyone seems to think they are from the 50's
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:23:19 pm »

When I started collecting machines, I despised them, but now they are growing on me as I own 3 now... I think the small machines or really anyone one of them with the glass bottle door type of vending will be collectable more and more down the road...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:06:52 pm »

As collectors are no longer of the age where they remember the rt's as a kid, but remember the st's, that may come into play.  I don't remember rt's, but I do remember st's with long vending doors at the back of the grocery store.  The USS machines are nice for those who want the same "Feel" of a 50's machine but can't find bottles to stock them with.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:42:01 pm »

thats a good point regarding the age of collectors or just someone in the market for a machine for their game room, they want the machine from their childhood.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 07:19:45 pm »

If I had a place to store them and the cash to spare , I'd be buying up square tops and sitting on them to sell in 10-15 years.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:22:47 pm »

I sure agree with the age deal.  It is what you remember when you were young is what you want to collect.  The round tops will always be the class stuff because they were the first.  I really like the 56 square tops, I have three now and will buy more as I find them.  I believe that the 56's and 64's are the future highly sought after.  

aspbear
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 08:10:36 pm »

I will have to agree as well. I do remember the round top machines somewhat, but I remember the square tops and the sliders more, thats probably why I have have 8 of the square tops. I've always though they were a sharp looking machines.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 08:17:19 pm »

I agree that the 56 and 64's will bring in the $$ first.  I have been grabbing every square top I come across and keeping them in the garage. They stack very easy. I might restore one as a corona machine to see what it will bring in on ebay.  

BTW that Dixie Narco pepsi machine from the late 80's early 90's that I picked up for $150.. Well I have seen a few sell for $450-$500
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: