SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:18:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 inch thermometer glass  (Read 5661 times)
cola62
Soda Jerks

« on: March 26, 2013, 07:37:44 am »

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells 12 inch replacement thermometer/clock glass.  I used to get them from Wayne's Neon but dont know if they are still in business.  Can't get anyone on the phone or a return call or e-mail.  Let me know if anyone has information an a supplier.

Greg
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:25:33 am »

Do a search on ebay there is a seller that sells all sizes of old style thermometer tubes.  I have bought several off of them and they are easy to deal with.  I have their card somewhere but can not find it right now...

aspbear
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:26:48 am »

Wayne's Neon should still be in business.  I just bought a clock for my daughter from them just a few months ago.

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:22 am »

I am actually looking for the glass face like on a Pam Thermometer, not a tube.  I think I found someone today that has them, (Time Matters Antique Mall) just a little higher than I used to pay.  ($39.99) In case anyone else is looking. Wayne's advertises them for $30, but that does me no good if I can't get anyone to respond to my order.lol

Greg
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:05:42 pm »

Wayne's is terrible to try to buy from.  i never understand why people who have items for sale do not try to actually sell them
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »

You are correct, I didn't want to bad mouth him because it is his business to run how he wants but I never understand people in business that have no communication skills.  I would say there may be a good reason but I had the same experience about six months ago.  Just thought I would try again.  The business I listed earlier in this post got back with me right away today and it is already on the way.

Greg
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:20 pm »

i tired for about 18 months to buy parts for neon clocks i was dying to get going and it was nothing but frustrations.  I dont think it is bad mouthing as much as warning others that may not know to not waste their time and patience. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: