SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 12:08:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V-63 compressor removal  (Read 8427 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 02:01:08 am »

Rob/Jasmine,
Just finished with the last installment on the six month Krylon vs Rustoleum series.  I've been out to sea, please forgive the lateness.  Here's the link:
Krylon vs Rustoleum month six

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 06:56:13 pm »

Rob,
Taking the liner out can be a little work, you have to take the bottle rack which in'st to hard and the drain pipe sets in a rubber gromet, about 11 big screws holds the liner in place, then you have to pull hard because of the rubber seal around it. Putting it back in is harder yet. So if there aren't any holes in it, it is better leaving it in, and try the paint.

Bob

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 09:31:30 pm »

Well, I finally got out the liner.  It was in better shape than I thought.  I cleaned it up with as best I could with Naval jelly. The area where the evap screwed to was rusted out, so I attached a stainless washer and nut from the under side and plan to hold the Evap down with a machine screw instead of a sheet metal screw.  I painted the liner with Hammertone paint.  I'm currently painting the rest of the interior and will post some pics when I'm closer to being done.  It's been tough and its not perfect but it's my first machine and I'm excited to fire it up and drink some Coke and brews.  Thanks for the help everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: