SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 04:41:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 Shell  (Read 3901 times)
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:33 pm »

I came across a vendo 39 that is basically the shell but it still cools. The guy said his dad removed all the internals (drum and all brackets) and he also removed the coin mechanism and coin door. They put some shelves in the inside and used it as a secondary fridge.  It just kills me when I hear people do this just  because they want to use it as a fridge.  It is one of the first vendo 39 models with the ICE COLD embossed on the bottom. Is there any value to this?  Is it worth even $100?  Seems like it is a a good solid shell.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:10:15 pm »

I bought a nice clean, cooling shell with wooden shelve years back for $300... belong to a family friend, got it at auction....
about 5 months later I got a rough complete 39 off ebay for $500 but it had all the inside missing parts...
I think the 39 is the all time classic looking soda machine.... I know it's just a small bottle vending machine... I just like
the looks of them.... If it's a good clean shell that you can display as is and you can get it for a $100 grab it!
Parts will come along for that model.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:29:13 pm »

I don't really plan on trying to find parts for it because I already have a pretty nice complete original. I was thinking to maybe put a fresh paint job on it and have a neat embossed coke fridge as the 39's have the quick door latch for easy opening or could use the small door to get the beverage out.   Sometimes I find myself second guessing my purchases so it is good to hear feedback from others who have bought similar items.  Or, I guess I could just hold on to it until I find someone who wants a roundtop machine in their mancave but don't want to pay for a complete 39... I try to remember to get some pics up. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:03:31 pm »

If you want to do a quick paint job on it, remove the bottle door and make a stationary piece to fill it's hole first.

A good complete 39 bottle door on E bay will sell for over $100.00.

Glen
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Thanks for the idea, never thought of that.  I'm still rookie in the collecting business or as I like to tell my wife, I'm an aspiring collector.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 09:32:11 am »

I have a couple of nice original complete Vendo 39's if you decided not to buy that one. PM me for discussion.  B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: