SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 07:58:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper Quickold standard value??  (Read 17675 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »

As far as price... seriously never seen one sell.. there was a guy in California,
Moondawg knew him I think, had this same model... He had several picnic coolers
too was selling his collection... Maybe Moondawg knows who I'm talking about and if he sold it.
I know as far as my coolers go it would take A LOT to get me to turn loose of them
I have a Nichol Kola junior restored and a Orange Squeeze in the process... Never Seen or
heard of Orange Squeeze let alone a embossed cooler... and the Nichol Kola I only know of
one other... So they will be the last to go out of my collection... I don't think I'd take a RC 81
for them.. that's how much I like them... but that's me...
If you stuck a price on it today.. what would you want... what do you think it's worth?

Now about the chrome guards how were they originally... did you have them restored and if so who did you use...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Jmfellers

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:18 pm »

All the chrome was there Eric but was just OK, I thought it would be worth the money to have them re-plated if I was going to restore it and nice chrome really looks good to me. I used Ron Satterfield with Nashville Plating Services. He did a great job and was very good to deal with. Here is a picture of the bottom of one of those chrome stripes. As for a price for my cooler I'm not sure thats why I asked the group. I'm new to collecting and don't want to sound crazy if I said I wanted $4500 for it as apparently none have ever been sold, but would someone pay that? I'm just glad it was rescued and brought back to live many more years! It was great fun from start to finish and makes me want to look for another great find out there!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:34:49 pm by Jmfellers » Logged

Cavalier 55
Cavalier 55 2 selection
Cavalier FD2 Office cooler
Cavalier CD-12
Quickold Standard (Dr. Pepper)
Vendo 63
50's PET ice cream chest
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »

The RC 81 he was referring to would be in the 10,000 plus range that he would not trade his stuff for. So it comes down to this, how much cash would someone have to put under your nose it pry it from your hands.

$4500 seems low to me if you took the time and found that guy that HAD to have it or 2 duke it out at a real once a year specialty auction cause it is perfect. Remember, not many here will pay retail prices, most in here wont pay fair market value and think ebay is too much and the rest don't think they should even pay wholesale prices!!! The same people that complain about high prices won't sell their machines at the prices that they want to buy them for, so don't sell your self short cause it is too rare to value.

Go to liveauctioneers.com and look at what machines have gotten in the past at real specialty auction when 2 people duke it out... it will scare you!!!

Tim
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »

Yes that sounds crazy but I love my Cooler..is it worth $10,000+ HA!...in reality I will be the first to say no...
But it's what you like.. I like these... hard to find easy/cheaper to restore...
$4500.00 you might get that. Just takes 2 crazy Dr Pepper folks with deep pockets like I said...
Here is a group of 3 juniors that sold in a lot for $12XX.00 at some online auction wish I would have known about it sooner

Auction was in 2006 “Legendary Auctions” sold for $1420... Legendary as in “The Legendary Trio That Got Away!” down
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:17:17 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:47 pm »

I was just pointing out that it is worth whatever you can get for it, and it can cost as much as you have to pay for it if you have to have it!!!

Also, you don't have to give deals or you may just see it for sale being flipped after you fall for the song and dance, and you are aloud to sell at market value or even better, collector value!!

Tim
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 08:29:34 pm »

And I said “I don't think I would take a RC 81” anyone have an extra one laying around to test me with? biggrin

Eric

WANTED:
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:33 pm »

And I said “I don't think I would take a RC 81” anyone have an extra one laying around to test me with? biggrin

I have a nice picture of one if that will get me anywhere!!!!

Tim
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 02:57:38 pm »

Price, really depends on the market and what people want to see. Many on here have Quikolds, I have 5-6 myself. Not a Dr Pepper, but an RC Cola, and the 7up one's. I think yours being restored could bring between $850-$1500. Again, depends on how bad someone wants one. Good job on restoring it!

Brian  happydrinkers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 03:39:19 pm »

I just talked to a guy here in Calif. that has 2 Quickold juniors restored,
embossed brick style. He wants to sell one of them.
     His e-mail is Sunnycal33@yahoo.com

Glen
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 05:32:45 pm »

Moondawg,
    Do you know what brands they are?
TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar