SMC Discussion Areas
May 06, 2024, 06:49:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper Quickold standard value??  (Read 17674 times)
Jmfellers

« on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »

I have just finished restoring a Quickold standard chest that is embossed with Dr Pepper on 3 sides and Ice Cold on 2 sides. I haven't seen many of these and wondered what the value and rarity of these chest are? Thank you guys!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:40:47 pm by Jmfellers » Logged

Cavalier 55
Cavalier 55 2 selection
Cavalier FD2 Office cooler
Cavalier CD-12
Quickold Standard (Dr. Pepper)
Vendo 63
50's PET ice cream chest
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

Eric is our Quikold expert, I'm sure he will chime in.
Post some pics it iwll help

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »

Please post photos!

Just cause I want to see it!!!

Tim
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »

Make sure it's sized right.. or email what you have to me and I'll size and post for you.

john@Popmachineshop.com

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »

SWEET! Cooler!... I'll take one of these style coolers over a round top ANY day...
Beautiful job... Did we speak last year?.... Did you get you lids, cap catcher and gasket
from Rod at Funtronics?... I talked with someone that found this brand and model on Craigslist
for a song...
This cooler turned out, again, beautiful. These coolers unrestored have prices that are all over the
place anywhere from $100 to $1100 depending on if it's a junior or standard and what brand (and location)..
Honestly never seen a restored one sell...  Usually if it's restored it's a keeper....
Yours looks like its all there right down to the chrome guards and opener... Gotta be your favorite piece. happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:47 pm »

That cooler looks absolutely Fantastic! I've only heard of 2 others in Dr. Pepper over the years, and 1 was a Jr., thats not to say that they aren't out there though. Those chrome guards in the front are almost always missing, so that's a big plus. If I were to try to sell that piece the first place I'd start would be Texas, but I'd encourage you to keep it. Any of the Quickold Standards and Juniors would rank 5+. Personally, I think Pepsi were the most common.
   TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »

I agree the newer (50s) Pepsi are the most common.. these older ones like yours...I would say 7up ... seems to be a 7up
at Chicago every year... in Dr Pepper I've seen 3 juniors and know of a few standards and masters... eBay would get you the most
exposure if you wanted to sell... As far as price... all you need is 2 Dr Pepper Crazed collectors who don't own this model.
Hard to put a price on something like this... It's not like a Vendo 81 or Ideal slider...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »

You have the Quickold experts drooling.... along with everyone else... Good work! If its that rare and nice, you may need to answer the "value" questions with an auction or just throw out a number and see what sticks with the buyer.

Tim
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:06:03 pm »

Yes that looks outstanding and others are correct, I have not seen this model very often either... I'd say you have a fairly rare gem there... I'm sure you got some money into the restoration that your looking to get back too.. like others have said, put it out there.. name your price and see what happens, maybe on this board first if you have  set price.. or if you want to see what an auction will do, hate to say it but ebay is your best bet ... I'd advertise it a bit however, make sure other Dr.Pepper fans see it..
I love this older stye Dr. Pepper logo.. whish it was put on a Dr. Peper 81 or something like that...that would be killer..

Thanks for sharing.. Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jmfellers

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:00:21 pm »

Eric that WAS me you talked to about finding this on craigslist and funtronics/soda jerk works were both great help! Sooooo, I don't have anyone that can give me a better idea as far as price?? I don't think I want to get rid of it as I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out, but thought someone might give me a value for it......I get it guys, its because my status says "newbie". Thats ok, I'll put in my time on the boards I promise! Here are a few before pics as I found it in an old antique shop. Look how someone painted the letters. I paid a local old timer who has hand painted for 30+ yrs to redo the letters which took 4+ hrs in my basement. He did a great job I think. Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments and if anyone wants to throw a number my way, I'm all ears.

Cavalier 55
Cavalier 55 2 selection
Cavalier FD2 Office cooler
Cavalier CD-12
Quickold Standard (Dr. Pepper)
Vendo 63
50's PET ice cream chest
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: