SMC Discussion Areas
May 26, 2024, 02:46:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craigslist scammer  (Read 3072 times)
zadd
Soda Jerks

« on: November 06, 2007, 07:05:41 pm »

Selling one of me machines on craigslist and got this responce. Sounds Good.
                    I will like to proceed with payment asap and will like to handle shipment myself when you must have gotten your cash at hand.I am in no rush to pick up the item till funds are clear at the bank.As there are too many scams on internet as regards buying and selling with large bogus account.My mode of payment will be via Electronic Cashier Check drawn on US bank.(Bank Of America).You will probarbly need a business check paper to print and cash or deposit the check today.The business check paper is sold for $20 at any stationery store,staples or at your local office supply outlet.I will add the cost of supplies to your asking price with an extra offer for accepting my mode of payment.I work with an auditing firm and will not have time to mail a check.Electronic Cashier checks is fast and secure.I will need your name and address with valid email address to send the Echeck to your email which you can print immediately when you must have purchase the supplies at staples or any stationery store.Kindly delete the advert of this item if my mode of payment is accepted.I will await your email asap.

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »

Anyone that can't use the English language properly should be taken with with caution!
Reads like a scam to me!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:35:08 pm »

Yea .I've read similar scams in the past like this one . I told the guy no thank you an to bring  cash only if he wants it.  I bet he doesn't respond biggrin

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 07:39:44 pm »

Google is your friend.
For some reason, prolly my jaded cynic side, I  googled on "Electronic Cashier Check"
Scroll down to the comments, several people  have reported the same response, word for word.

http://baheyeldin.com/technology/technology-in-society/craigslist-classified-for-used-car-cheque-fraud-scam.html?page=6

My suggestion, report  the sender to Craigslist. Immediately

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: