SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 02:27:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gas pump  (Read 33545 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2010, 11:19:00 pm »

If your trying to determine a good color scheme, I suggest this one.  Go TIGERS!

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/clt/2025414065.html

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 11:51:43 pm »

Can you project the laptop through the projector?
I just realized I never posted any pics of my score projector! Sorry about that guys. Here is the only picture I could find of it but I can take some more showing the insides like the mirror set up and the bulbs. The bulb holders are pretty clever I think. They put the bulbs inside of the air duct so that the air is forced to go over the bulbs and then out the back. And it is actually the first and only score projector I have ever seen in person well except for the other 3 that he had there but this one was in the best shape of the 4.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 11:55:21 pm »

If your trying to determine a good color scheme, I suggest this one.  Go TIGERS!

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/clt/2025414065.html

I think maybe red with huskers painted right under the numbers with the N on the bottom would look cooler biggrin
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 08:20:51 am »

The bowling center where my league played in high school had those exact same projectors.  I scored a lot of games on one of those.  If my memory is correct, those ashtrays are on the corners!

Very cool!

drinking Tim drinking
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 12:11:11 pm »

The bowling center where my league played in high school had those exact same projectors.  I scored a lot of games on one of those.  If my memory is correct, those ashtrays are on the corners!

Very cool!

drinking Tim drinking
Yep the ash trays are on the corners. They make pretty good parts trays for when you are taking the thing appart. Too bad they don't use these anymore. I have taken it appart so many times that I could repair anything on these lol!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2010, 12:52:16 am »

I made a little more progress on the pump today. I located a new computer and I have decided to use the origional motor mounting plate and mounts to hook up a motor to drive the veeder root. I can move the motor mounts up the frame so that the plate is closer to the computer and I can use the existing screw holes to mount the smaller motor to the plate. I think it should work pretty good and if not I can always build something to work but since I don't have to do any modifications other than moving some parts up the frame I won't be out any money or damage anything if this idea does not work.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2010, 11:39:53 pm »

I finally got the pump gutted and washed. That tire cleaner that they have at the car wash is amazing stuff. It took the 40+ years of gas and dirt off of the thing like nothing. I assembled it to see what it would look like and I think it looks pretty good. I was going to strip the paint off and get the frame painted but it decided to get cold before I got to do that. I just need to find some parts now. Main thing I am missing is the lower half of the face plate and the window and frame for the front and back and the hose too. Here are some pictures of it so far.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 12:08:15 am »

Got a new computer and put it in the pump (Thanks Signguy!). Fits great and the only thing I had to do was take the legs off the bottom of the old computer and screw them into the bottom of the new one to make it sit at the right heigth. I played around with it and it works great. The input shaft turns with almost no effort and the numbers move great and reset perfectly. Now I just need to find a motor to turn it. Going to use the origional pump motor plate to mount the motor. Just have to raise the brackets up and it should be good to put a motor on. I also am working out getting some decals made. I had a teacher a few years ago who owns a sign company and I contacted him to see how much it would cost to get some vinyl decals made.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2010, 09:15:30 am »

I am glad I could help you out.. enjoy!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 03:39:41 pm »

It was finally warm enough to work on it again so I cleaned up the lower pannels. They have some really nice porcelain on them. One pannel does have some marks on it I think they might be some scuffs but you can't see them unless you are right up to the pannel and looking at it. Also removed the derby decal with no problem. Thing peeled right off with a wet towel and a steam iron. Thinking of putting it in a picture frame or something. I will post some pictures of the pannels later today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: