SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:58:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81b cooling question  (Read 7750 times)
PC3239
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 08:52:10 pm »

Quote (globalcompressors @ April 15 2006,7:38)
Jeff,

Have you simply tried a new thermostat? If not, that's where I would go first.
When you adjusted the "cut in and out" and there was not much of a change, then there may be something wrong with the part. They can, and do, go bad.

Eric

Eric, I have considered a new thermostat, infact I have one that I bought a while ago for a Vendo 56 that I never ended up using.  Problem is I have no talent with anything electrical and the new thermostat I have has some type of plug on the end of it (funtronics part 10a), the thermostat in the machine connects directly to the compressor meaning I would have to cut wires etc.

Jeff
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 06:47:48 am »

Hello Jeff

Let me introduce myself. I am the man with ABSOLUTELY no electrical skills whatsoever. Everything I touch turns to rust.

That said. Even I have managed to change a T-Stat. Its easy Peesy. Just go to your local DIY store with your part and look for the connector that fits into it. Ask if unsure. You then cut the two wires and join your new T-Stat.

Instead of trying to guess whether you have turned the time up or down on your cut ins you can try a whole new T-Stat, which I presume is marked cut in and cut out.

I'll take a picture later of the bits that Wayne kindly sent me to do mine so you know what to look for.

I had exactly the same problem as you have with both my V-39's. There is a long thread on it in the Refridge section. Lots of help later and I have resolved it, I think. One of V-39's compressor cuts in for about fifteen minutes and then goes off for about 30 minutes an hour the other cuts in and out every fifteen minutes of so. I can live with that. I have 60 secs on 60 secs off for a while. That was only because the over-ride was cutting in.

Dave
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 04:56:20 pm »

Quote (globalcompressors @ April 15 2006,7:38)
Have you simply tried a new thermostat? If not, that's where I would go first.
When you adjusted the "cut in and out" and there was not much of a change, then there may be something wrong with the part. They can, and do, go bad.

I'd try what Eric said, try changing the thermostat first.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
PC3239
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 06:57:58 pm »

So can I just cut the wires from the old one and then attatch the new one?  There are two wires going to the thermostat  which leave the compressor, go up under that silver plate on the door frame and then into the thermostat.  The new thermostat has a two pronged plug which won't work with this compressor so if I cut the plug off and attatch the two wires to the wires coming from the compressor how can I tell which one goes to which???

Again thanks for your help and patience.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 07:28:46 pm »

First, make sure the power is off, unplug the machine!
If you have a two wire system for the thermostat, I don't think it matters which wire terminates with which wire...

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 03:41:02 pm »

Let me know if this works as I havet the same problem with my 81 original Cooling system... I'll try the T-Stat replacement first... Here I thought I had a bad gasket problem but they are all new?  
Good advice..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: