SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:22:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vendo 23  (Read 4170 times)
Victor
10 Cent Member

« on: January 20, 2013, 09:18:53 pm »

I need help, I have a Vendo 23-B  Deluxe , It cools too cold like 15 degrees and freezes water I put in an empty coke bottle. It is recommended to set thermostat on 4 but I put it on 3 and it still will freeze the water. It has the air sensor type thermostat with the little coil on the end. It seem to cycle on and off OK.  Would I have a bad thermostat. Also what type of compressor does it have that has no fans. I checked it with 3 different thermometers and they all said about 15 degrees. Thanks  Charles    VMoore3032@aol.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:48:25 pm by johnieG » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 11:16:26 pm »

Welcome to the board sir!
Have you tried filling the machine with product water, or whatever? One bottle in an empty cooling area could cause false results.
What happens if you set it to the lowest setting? Try these a post back.
Could very well be a bad thermostat, Worth checking other issues first.
Creighton

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44:59 am »

Sounds like a bad thermostat... if the unit is cycing on and off then that is Good, but yes try setting one and see what happens and if that still freezes it you can try adjusting the cut in and cut out temp on the therm or replace it with a new one.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

It has the air sensor type thermostat with the little coil on the end. It seem to cycle on and off ok.  Would I have a bad thermostat. Also what type of compressor does it have that has no fans.

You have a machine with no fans blowing, but a thermostat that senses moving air temperature?
      I would start by attatching your coil to the coldest metal to get it to shut down sooner, then move it until you find a desirable location.
      Or maybe you need to install a contact style T/S.

Glen
Victor
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 11:20:40 am »

I had the machine off all night and turned it on this morning, put the stat  on number 2 and filled all the holes with water bottles. I ran for about 3 hours and did not cycle. turned the stat to off and it shut off, when I turned it back to 2 it did not come on had to turn to nummber 3 then back to mnumbr 2.Have a refigerator themometer in it and it was reading about 32 degrees and water did not freze in that 3 hour period. yesterday it took about 1 hour 20 min to cool down after being off al night. so now i shut it off.  What is the white putty on the tubes that run into the tub for and where to get it..  Thank Charles
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »

I had this exact same problem on my Vendo 23 deluxe. I thought it was the T-stat, so I replaced it, but had similar results.  Turns out it was very sensitive to the cap tube placement location since there is no air flow.

Some models have the T-stat mounted down by the compressor, with a long capillary tube that goes up and into the bottle honeycomb, while others I've seen have the T-stat mounted right outside the bottle honeycomb with a short cap tube. 

For me, I had the long cap tube setup, so the t-stat I bought worked well when I positioned it directly on the upper coil that wraps around the drum.  I had to position it several times, then monitor it for a period of time before I figured out what worked best.
Victor
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 12:24:48 pm »

I have the stat down under by the compressor and the coil on the end is hanging loose above the drum and in the drum about 8 inchs , about 1/2 inch from the gasket above the cylinders.  Thanks  Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: