SMC Discussion Areas
May 12, 2024, 04:38:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of CSS-12-96?  (Read 12707 times)
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »

I have had a number of these machines and sold them...some signs were flush and some were sticking out about an inch and I think that is normal for this machine.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 06:41:39 pm »

Two quick observations, can you pull out the sign and take a photo of that?  Something seems strange, since it is sitting out about an inch; usually they are flush with the machine.  Second, is that a photo of another compressor third from last?  I couldn't figure out what was going on there.

Looks to be pretty complete, like it was said before, you'll need the two bezels for around the cap remover and change, I have both in good shape.  If the coin entry bezel is too beat up, I have that as well, in black.  Does the coin mech and vending work on it?

Below are some photos of the sign.  Sorry for the confusing pictures on the compressor.  The 7th picture is the front view of the compressor and the 9th picture is the rear view.  The coin mech doesn't seem to be working though I am truly a novice at these machines.  I can just pull bottles out and when I try to put coins in they seem to get stuck on the top of the coin mech.  I'll have to try and look into it more.

I took some other pictures of the parts that are missing or worn on the front door.  If you have all these parts I'll be glad to buy them off you.  One other question I had deals with the front two red panels on the unit (the small door and the panel below it).  The panels have a red sticker covering (see last picture) while the actual metal panels are black.  Is this supposed to have this covering?  If I get the unit repainted should I paint these panels red or black?

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 07:01:27 pm »

The red sticker used to be wood grain contact paper but it has been painted.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 08:05:17 pm »

The red sticker used to be wood grain contact paper but it has been painted.

So when people typically restore these do they replace the wood grain contact paper?  I think painting the panel red would look better.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 08:28:04 pm »

OMG !  I feel ill wood grain  help .

Don't put wood grain back on that machine leave that for the steel case Desk  laugh  Paint it Red ( do what you want  I just relly hate that wood grain look) smile   Those are good machines my first one was  Cav 96 never had a problem with it ran great.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 11:24:58 pm »

OMG !  I feel ill wood grain  help .

Don't put wood grain back on that machine leave that for the steel case Desk  laugh  Paint it Red ( do what you want  I just relly hate that wood grain look) smile   Those are good machines my first one was  Cav 96 never had a problem with it ran great.

Thanks for the input.  I didn't know if collectors liked to put it back on.  I'll definitely paint it.  I know this is a newbie question, but where to I get the paint color codes for the red, white and black?  Will that be in the service manual?
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 11:28:37 pm »

You might even have some nice paint behind the woodgrain sticker. I have seen pictures of peoples machines on here where their machines had nice looking paint under the woodgrain.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 11:30:13 pm »

You might even have some nice paint behind the woodgrain sticker. I have seen pictures of peoples machines on here where their machines had nice looking paint under the woodgrain.

I'll peel back and check. 

Anyone know where I can order a service manual for this unit?
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:00 pm »

I have a manual for a CS96, it's the earlier model and somewhat similar.  Send me a PM if interested and I'll email you a copy.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 12:10:28 am »

I have a manual for a CS96, it's the earlier model and somewhat similar.  Send me a PM if interested and I'll email you a copy.

PM sent. Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: